Monday, November 16, 2009

Cowgirl Missed Us

Cowgirl Missed us so much while we where in Albuquerque. She has hardly left us alone since we returned home. The poor pup already feels like her Daddy is never coming home and then Mommy and Brynlee left her for longer than they ever have. Cowgirl has spent all her time since she got home cuddling with Mommy or licking Brynlee. It's depressing enough to make me never want to leave her home again... she will now be joining us for our trip in Dec for Christmas.I just can't bear to leave her knowing she doesn't understand and that she is already depressed about James.Brynlee has rolled over on her, pulled her ears and hair and Cowgirl does either nothing or walks away. She's so sweet.
always on Mommy's lap
This was just the cutest picture.
Having Cowgirl while James is gone is similar to having both an infant and a toddler at the same time. Cowgirl seems to think she needs as much attention as WE used to give her and having just me and having to take care of Brynlee while James is gone I just can't give her the attention I used to be able to and it makes me feel bad. I believe Cowgirl can no longer find James' smell around the house. When James is talking to me on Skype Cowgirl hears his voice and lays down and looks at me like I am playing a cruel joke on her. I never thought that this deployment would be as hard or harder on the dog than it would be on me. She doesn't understand why Daddy is gone, She doesn't understand that he will come back, she doesn't understand why Mommy get so upset sometimes and it hurts that I can't tell her that it will all be ok. I know that this all sounds a little absurd because it's all over a dog, but she was James' and my first "child" We did everything with her. She's our baby.

0 comments: