Okay! SO I guess I have a bit of blogging to do since I seem to have not blogged at all since James left! EEEKKKK! So first I should start with this...
Before James came home Brynlee's crib broke. the crib was made in 1988 and I know that it had been through 3 children and 2 owners in my family before it was passed on to me and before it came to my cousin it had belonged to some one else. My cousin Jamie got it at a yard sale when she was pregnant with her first, she used it for all 3 of her boys before passing it on to my cousin Kristi who ended up not using it and just storing it. By the time I received it really still looked brand new only the pins that hold the mattress in place had been miss places some where along the way. So as you can see below my dad Jerry rigged it so the crib would work until I could order new pins.
Well I called the company to get replacement pins and when I gave the lady the crib # she paused and then told me the 2 numbers in the middle of the code where the year it was made and that they no longer carried or produced parts for my crib. So I started thinking about buying a new on.... well a week or so before James got home I went into Brynlee's room to locate her missing Binky. I found that her crib was broken the plastic that held the mattress up had broken and was poking into the mattress it was the only thing holding the mattress in place.
I didn't know what to do, I had no place else to sleep because my pack n play was at my parent's house. That night she slept in the broken crib and I ordered a new one on line. The next day I went and got the portable crib from my parents place and took apart the broken crib. She slept in the porta crib until daddy got home and put her beautiful new crib together.
The new crib will turn into her toddler bed and then a little day bed for her as she gets older.




0 comments:
Post a Comment