Wednesday, March 10, 2010

R&R


The first video of James coming home where Cowgirl ran out to greet him was really dark so this one is side ways but still gives you an idea of how much she missed her Daddy.

James got home late night Monday February 22. It had been a long day of travel for him, Brynlee was already in bed when he arrived through the ice and snow, Cowgirl and I where over joyed to see him, it had been far too long. We where all exhausted when James got here so after Cowgirl's greeting and mine we changed clothes and went to check on Byrnlee before hitting the hay. Mind you James had not seen Brynlee since she was this big!When we went in Brynlee woke up, usually when this happens she won't go back to sleep unless I rock her so I picked her up out of her crib and held her. She looked over at James with a look the said "Who the heck are you!?" after a minute or two she smiled at him. We put her back down and closed the door on our way out. We spent the next 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday) Just being a family and relaxing. Thursday we sent Brynlee to spend a few nights with Grandma and Grandpa. James and I went to see Avatar that night and went and had an amazing steak dinner after. On Friday we got pedicures, a couples massage, and grilled up an amazing dinner of steak, chicken, and grilled veggies. Saturday around noon we went and hung out at my parent's house for a few hours and picked up Brynlee. Once again we spent the next few days as a family. Sunday Brynlee and I went to church while James and cowgirl cleaned house, then we all went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. Monday we packed to go to NM, cleaned house, and hung out together.Brynlee and Daddy and Cowgirl loved hanging out together almost as much as Mommy did! (I apologize for the shirtlessness of my husband but these pictures are way to cute!)Daddy spent time playing with Cowgirl and Brynlee, rocking Brynlee to sleep, feeding Brynlee, bathing Brynlee, and changing diapers (even some stinky ones). One night James grilled up some Bergers. These burgers where at least 1/2 a lb each or more of meat and tucked inside of each was cheese and bacon. They where the biggest and most delicious hamburgers I think I have ever had! I have MISSED my Teddy Bear's cooking!On Tuesday March 2nd JAmes and I loaded up our bags, The dog and Brynlee. We made a quick stop at the Dr's office for Brynlee's 9 month check up. She is 9 months old, weighs 17.2 lbs, is still 26 inches long and that all puts her in the 25% for her age in both weight and height but her Dr is not worried because she is so active. No shots this time either and no appointment till she is 1 year old. After the Dr. we filled our tanks and hit the road. We spent most of our time in Albuquerque hanging out and seeing family and friends. We went to James' cousin's basketball game and Brynlee clapped her hands for the first time, we went to breakfast with friends then out to the city gun range for a few hours, we bought Brynlee a new car seat, and had dinner with the family, and most of the rest of our time was spent enjoying each other's company. The night before James left His parents watched Brynlee while we went out to see Alice in Wonderland and have ice cream. We came back and cleaned up so James would be ready to go in the morning. Seeing as James hadn't shaved in over 2 weeks he had some cleaning up to do. this morning at 02:00 the alarm went off and at about 03:15 we got up and got moving. James and I got dressed and packed up the rest of his things. While I brushed my hair James went into Brynlee's room and gave her a kiss good bye. I was a little sorry I missed it though he came out of the room and sneezed. Apparently he had leaned into the crib to kiss her good bye and just after kissing her he felt a sneeze coming on, he rushed from the room and closed the door before the sneeze made it's way out. It was so sweet and cute how concerned he was about possibly waking our precious little girl. We left the house for the airport at 04:20, his flight was scheduled for 06:00. We parked the car in short term parking, I went in with him intent on going with him as far as they would let me go. We went to the ticket counter and the man at the counter surprised me by asking me if I wanted to go to the gate with him, I of course answered yes and was a little stunned to be asked but happy at the same time... some how it made it easier. James and I went through security and to his departure gate. We sat and hugged and talked till 05:30 when they called to board his plane. He had been upgraded to first class so he was one of the first if not the first to board the plane. I gave him a hug and kiss, told him good bye and that I loved him and that I would be waiting to hear from him and would see him in a few weeks. I watched him go up to the gate turn blow me a kiss and board the plane. I returned to my in-laws around 05:45 amazingly Brynlee was not only not up yet but was still asleep after Cowgirl barked up a storm at my return. I returned to bed and Brynlee and I both got up just before 08:30. James sent me a text at 07:00 letting me know he was in Texas.... Since James left this morning there has been little change, Brynlee is happy (most of the time), Cowgirl is definitely more protective, she has barked and growled more in the last 10 hours then she has in the last 2 weeks. As for me... I'm here, I'm surviving. I am not sure that it has hit me yet, but every time it sneaks up on me I repeat over and over to myself that it is only a few more weeks and he will be home for good. Just 4-6 weeks and we are done, James will be home, he will go back to a normal job and come home at night with Drill once a month. I know we can make it through this, after 48 weeks of this 6 weeks should be a piece of cake!..... Right?

Well any way I have an FRG meeting to attend all day Saturday but will be headed back to AZ with Brynlee and Cowgirl on Sunday morning. We will return to NM once again in about 5-6 weeks when James comes home for good.

1 comments:

Just Be You said...

Oh Brittnee , I don't know how you do it? Reading you post brings tears to my eyes. What a strong women you are . Your doing GREAT!