Okay so I guess I have to go back a bit.... November 8-13, 2010 James, Brynlee, Cowgirl, and I all took our first family vacation to UT together. We went for my Grandparent's 50th Anniversary. It was a really great time! We got to see my cousins who live in Missouri and hang out with my family, my Aunt Gerri's family and my Grandparents. We had a party to celebrate and invited everyone. It was so good to see everyone and I hope we get to see everyone again soon. James seemed to have a good time going fishing with my Cousin and Grandpa, Brynlee loved being able to run around and be with everyone, Cowgirl...... Well she behaved herself mostly, and me I really enjoyed being with ALL that side of the family and my own little family for a week. November 25, 2010 Thanksgiving. After the trip to UT a trip to AZ for Thanksgiving was simply out of the question so we had a great opportunity to spend thanksgiving with James side of the family. I love spending time with James side of the family. Our family gatherings always put a smile on my face. There was great food, lots of talking, and good times. December week 1-2 The first two weeks in December was a very busy one! Visiting teaching, Scouts, Crafting for the ward Christmas Party, the Relief Society Christmas Social, More Scouts, visiting Friends, Drill weekend, A choir concert, James' Unit's Christmas Party, James 36th Birthday on the 8th along with his family birthday party, more crafting for the Ward Christmas Party, and to finish out December week two the Ward Christmas Party that went BEAUTIFULLY! After which I was Released from my calling to the Activities Committee as where the rest of it's members. December 18, 2010 We went to the River of lights to look at the lights and listen to my Mother-in-law's Choir sing. December 23, 2010 I decided, and James played along, that because we spent Thanksgiving with James' family that we should spend Christmas with my family in AZ. We had a good time, James went shooting with my dad and all the kids, and we had a wonderful and mildly caotic time with my family and my Granny who also spent Christmas with my family. Brynlee cleaned up this year with twice as many gifts as anyone else. Even the 3 dogs got gifts. After opening gifts, eating breakfast, and spending time with my family we decided to drive the 4 hours back home to surprise James' family that evening at his Memaw's house. We walked in as they where opening gifts and surprised everyone because no one knew we where coming. We opened our gifts ate dinner enjoyed family and went home for a good nights sleep. January 1, 2011 James and I stayed up the night before eating dinner and cuddling on the couch watching TV. We kissed at midnight and crawled into bed. It is now a new year and so far things are going quite well. This year is already looking to be 100 times better than last year. James is home safe and sound, has a job that supports us, we have insurance, a roof over our heads, and food in our stomachs. Yes this year has already started out better than last because James is HOME, something we are all VERY thankful for. SO yeah there is an update of what has been going on with us. Sorry for the lack of pictures but Thanksgiving day my computer died and all my pictures where on there or on a hard drive that I can't currently locate as James got his black box (from Iraq) the other night and also unpacked his closet to find the things he needed for Drill and it got buried. So Tomorrow I clean up, Sunday James comes home, and hopefully we'll hear some good news soon. Update:4/11/2011 I found a bunch of pictures on James camera and decided to go back and plug in some posts from the past that where touched on here in this update.
Reading List 2024
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment