Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Late Night at the ER

On January 18, 2011 Brynlee woke up, wasn't interested in eating and spent her whole morning laying on my lap or near me on the couch sleeping and watching tv. She felt cool to the touch so I just suspected it was a growth spurt and she was tiered. Or that maybe it was time to move nap time to earlier in the day.

At one point she even fell asleep using my feet as pillows and holding onto my big toe, because she had been playing with it.
In the afternoon she started to feel a bit warm but I couldn't find the thermometer. When James got home she was hotter and he found the thermometer. We took her temperature and she was sitting at about 102. We got her into a cool bath and I thought it had broken her fever because when I checked it again it was at 101 and when I put her to bed at 7pm exhausted
it was at 100. Before James and I went to bed we wanted to check her one more time to be sure it had continued to go down. When we did it was 103.5, We immediately got her up and I climbed in a COLD tub of water with her. I sat in the tub with her while James called the urgent care pediatric center and our mothers. The urgent care closed at 8 so at 9:30 in the evening it was off to the ER. We got there about 9:45pm. We signed in and then they took her vitals at 9:54pm and she was 39 C which is approx 102.2 F. We waited a while longer and at 11:20ish they called us to take her vitals againthis time it was 40 C which equals approx 104 F. They gave her some Motrin and told us we could wait in that area because we where next in line for a room. At about 11:45 we finally got into a room and shortly after her fever seems to break. She was cool to the touch and suddenly was very thirsty and had a TON of energy.




But James and I where wearing thin..... Esp. James since he had been up since 3am in the morning.The doc came in at about 12:45am and checked her over. Having no symptoms other than the fever and sleepiness he wanted to Cath her and check her Urine for an infection. He left and around 1:30 the nurses came in and did their thing. Brynlee was so brave and only let out one little whimper and just held still, held her blanky, and mommy's hand. The results on that came up clean and no one knew what could have caused the fever. At about 2am they began to check us out and we where told to have her seen again in a day or two because they didn't know what caused the high fever. We got home about 2:30-2:45, Brynlee was feeling a little warm (to me) again, but we put her to bed. James went to the store and got some pidialite and we all went to bed.

James was up at 6am to go to work and I got up at 7:30am getting Brynlee up at 8am. She had a fever of 100 the progressively went down throughout the day. She was alert and happy and/or grumpy most of the day and did a lot of playing


She ate and drank more today too!
Love to see My baby happy!

1 comments:

Francie said...

hoping she does better tonight