Okay so July first Brynlee, Cowgirl, and I went out to AZ for 2 weeks. The first week to visit, relax, have fun, and Ride Dallas and the second to babysit Quade while my parents took Austin and my Grandpa to Alaska on a week long fishing trip for Austin's Graduation gift. While we went to AZ James went to a Military school in Louisiana from the 2nd to the 14th.
When we arrived on Friday the first and the first thing I did after changing clothes and visiting Dallas was to take Colten, Taylor, Natalie, and Noah down to the rodeo grounds so Colten could help with the mutton busting and steer riding and so Noah could ride a steer himself. He was number 112.
My dad must have worn my kids out while we where away because this is how I found them when I got home!
Sunday we went to church and enjoyed the family being together as well as stayed up late playing card games and eating cherry cheese cake, an early birthday cake for me!
Monday we went to the parade! Have to love small town 4th of July, every one in town shows up for the parade and candy.
Brynlee kept waiting and waiting for it to start, we sat near the end of the route so it took a while. Pepper adopted the people next to us and they had a flag that Brynlee found and enjoyed waving.
Cowgirl had fun watching too!

Papa, Noah, and Sawyer all walked/rode in the parade and when they got to use they stopped to say hi. When they left to continue walking Brynlee cried for Papa so I ran her down to him and walked with him a little ways. Had I known we where so close to the end I would have left her with him but I didn't so I took her back to watch the rest of the parade at our seats.
Cowgirl got hot even with all the water she drank so she found a nice shaded spot under my chair. It was also a tough day for her with so many strangers around but it was a good moment to socialize her. Something we have been working on again since she became unsocialized while James was deployed, she is slowly improving both in our home and out.
Austin also rode in the parade with the fire dept. As he is an honorary fire cadet you know!
After the parade Colten, Natty, Taylor, Austin, Quade, Sawyer, Brynlee, I, and all 3 dogs went down to play at the lake! It was awesome!

The dogs had more fun than all of us put together I think!
Pepper is an odd dog and likes to fish....
.....for BIG rocks!!!
Raily liked to get all wet then walk right next to those who where dry and shake!
Brynlee found a rock and played Queen of the rock! She was so excited!
She was also VERY cute!!!
After a while Brynlee decided she wanted to go out in the water with the big kids so Colten came and got her.
Once in the water on Colten's shoulders, without prompting she started to splash all the older kids.
Then they wanted a group shot.
Sawyer spent his time gathering things to go fishing. A hook, a stick, some fishing line, and a jar of bait. All things (minus the stick) left behind by people who had come fishing in this part of the lake and forgotten them. Sadly though we decided to leave just after had gathered all these things and was ready to fish.
We went back home only to discover that the fireworks planned for that evening had been canceled, it was a bummer but understandable. So the teenagers and I went to ride the horses. After dinner we went and fed the horses and of course Brynlee insisted on coming.
The next day it Poured!!!!!!! Not for to long but enough to cool everything off and be enjoyed.
I can't remember what day it was but we looked out the window and 3 (we belive domestic) turkeys where walking down the road. I grabbed my camera and took Brynlee down to see them and teach her what a turkey is!
I just really like this picture of my baby boy!
I got to go riding on him several times while back in Pinetop.
And most the time when I rode Brynlee got to too.
During my morning ride one day Taylor and Natty came out to ride Jet. When I got back to the barn Natty was sitting on the fence so I let her ride Dallas and gave her a few pointers as I cleaned up the barn. After she was done I taught her how to unsaddle and brush Dallas down.
After everything was done, Taylor had to go to work so Natty and I Brought Brynlee out to visit the horses.
I noticed before we took her out there (she had been playing in the back yard with the Twins) that she had a long shallow cut on her leg, when I asked noah about it he said that she did it climbing on the fence. She hadn't come crying to me or acted like it hurt. I have a big tough cowgirl and didn't even know it! It looked like it would have hurt though!
Brynlee helped us water the horses.....
......Well sorta....
Friday I took myself down to the nail salon for a Pedi! An early Birthday presant for myself since my birthday would be spent watching kiddos.
My parents and Austin left Saturday afternoon for the vally.
One night Raily and Cowgirl started playing tug-of-war with an old towl. I though it was great!
This is Taylor on her horse Jet in her new Saddle.
When Taylor takes Jet for a ride without Dallas, He gets a bit upset and runs along the fence calling for Jet.
Taylor took Brynlee riding a few times too.
One day a beautiful Bird of Pray landed in the middle of the road right in front of the house. I grabbed my camera to get a picture. below he is verry hard to pick out but he is on the ground just to the left of the small bush in the center of the picture. I though he was maybe a hawk or a Falcon. As I walked out side to get a better picture he hopped away from me rather than flying so I called the game and fish.
a lady came out and caught him and she said she thought she knew who he belonged to.
He was actualy an adolesent goshawk used for falconry. If he is the Hawk she thought he was the Vet who we board our horses with owns him. The hawk was brought in injured a few days earlier and being that that vet used to do falconry he couldn't bare to put the bird down so he took it back to his place to train and help heal.
The next day Tayor went riding and ponied Dallas over too. He stayed at the house with me taking pictures of my pretty boy while
Taylor took Brynlee around the block and
then returned to
let Brynlee play with her pony.
Brynlee Loves these horses and has no fear around/on them.
By the end of the week we where all about worn out,
missing Daddy and ready to head back home to NM.
Sunday Night around Midnight my parents returned home. Monday morning we took a few pictures with Papa and Yaya, loaded up, and headed home after saying good bye to everyone including a sad goodbye to Dallas.
It was a fun two weeks but we are glad to be home with James and back in our own beds. On to new things! We are now Potty training! Cleaning house, paying bills, Celibrating birthdays, seeing family we haven't seen in a while, and praying for James' Nanny.




0 comments:
Post a Comment