Monday, February 18, 2013

Update

Teaching Primary
Sunday Feb 3rd I was given the opportunity to teach the sunbeams in church, they are so sweet and mostly reverent  Such sweet little souls.

New Bed
Saturday Feb 2nd a lady in the ward was having a garage sale of sorts, she was giving away anything on the tables and selling a bed and car. The mattresses on the bad where practically new and I loved the bed, and it wasn't expensive either it was a great deal! So I showed it to James and he said go for it then he had to go take a test at school. I bought it and arranged for help in having it brought over! We have such wonderful friends. I had it brought over, the old bed down and out and the new one up in the 2 hours that James was taking his test I was so proud! I also LOVE our new bed! It also made us clean out and rearrange our room a bit which I liked too.

New Classes
Jan 4th was the start of a new class for me and James started his second class at BMC. I am in Effective Public Speaking which should be easy because of my wonderful speech and debate coaches in HS. James is in Intro to Microcomputers..... Not sure about this one because I haven't taken it yet but I am sure he'll do great!!!

Drill Weekend
Feb 9-10 was long as usual but Brynlee had to give the scripture and prayer and that was exciting!

Valentine's Day
The 13th we all went out to dinner and bought the movie P.S. I Love You. When we got home we put Brynlee in bed and James and I cuddled up in bed and watched the movie on the computer, I had considered this our valentines day because I knew the following day would be very busy with both James and I working and all 3 of us having school. I didn't expect James to bring me home anything because his class wouldn't be out until 10 and by then there surly would be no flowers left on the shelf. At my class one of my classmates did a speech on flower arrangements and she gave a few of us roses for helping her. So I brought home a single red rose and cared for Brynlee then chilled until James came home. When he walked in the door he had dinner and a lot of other stuff!
 He brought Brynlee a teddy bear that she named Teddy in the morning and she was so excited in the morning when Daddy showed it to her sitting next to her in bed. (she had been asleep when he put it in bed with her the night before) She squealed and waved her hands and smiled big and asked where he came from, and James answered that he had got it for her for valentines day, he went every where with us that friday!
James brought me my favorite type of flower (any type of two tone or multicolored roses), an orange soda, 2 bags of chocolate, AND chocolate covered strawberries! I love this man so much!!!!

This weekend was steak conference so James, Brynlee and I ditched. We spent most of Saturday cleaning and scrubbing the kitchen. Something we bought brought in these nasty little moths. I think by the end of the weekend we have them mostly under control as Sunday I didn't see many and this morning I have only spotted 3 in the Kitchen. Now all we have to do is put the house back together!
Sunday at 10:30 Brynlee and I went to Polox practice after cleaning in the kitchen all morning. James stayed home and did homework the whole time. Brynlee and I got home a little sunburned, a little tiered, and really dusty at about 4:30. We had a lot of fun and I think Brynlee has her first crush on a boy named Travis. Every time I came off the field she was either looking at the baby goats...

A few weeks ago I made my very own, very cute polo wraps for playing polox!
I am also getting better at braiding! A few weeks ago Brynlee went through a 3 day phase where she only wanted to wear braids in her hair, I attempted a french braid with no luck so I just did a straight braid and it wasn't too horrendace...
 The next day I did her braids like I often do my own, pony tails and then braids. It wasn't too bad but they stuck off the side of her head like Pippy Long Stocking! Yesterday for Polox I tried a french braid again. Brynlee didn't want braids but I did it anyway and it actually turned out pretty good considering it's only my 3rd attempt ever. They where a tad loose in places and a bit fuzzy in others but overall I was proud. Maybe I will try again today. The only way to get better is through practice right?
P.S. Brynlee kind of liked the fact that she could take them out herself..... that is why one is coming undone, she started to take it out before I could snag a picture!

0 comments: