Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter week

We got new Sheets, pillows, pillow cases, and a blanket for our new bed!
 Cowgirl immediately loved them too! Brynlee got a new pillow and sheet too!
 Wed before Easter we went to a play group before I went to work and had a potluck/Easter egg hunt at the park!

 I got experimental with food! The Meatloaf cupcakes where delicious! I made these wed night and a note on that! I was in the midst of making these and had just packed the meat mixture into the cup cake pans when I got a phone call and had to cover them up, put them in the fridge, and rush out the door. James had called me after work and informed me that someone had tried to steal the jeep again and he was waiting on the police so he could file a report..... I came home much later popped these in the oven, made the potatoes and still had a nice dinner.
 The Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken was not as good as I had hoped but next time I think I'll use thighs instead of breasts and use a little less soy sauce. This may help the meat taste more like pineapple and less like soy sauce and maybe the meat will be a little less tough!
Brynlee made her bed all by herself! She did need a little instruction and a little help folding her little blanket but she did the rest all by herself! I was so proud!
 We got some Easter flowers on Saturday. Some for me and some Pink Daises for Brynlee!
 So pretty to have around!
Back to the story on the Jeep: I got a second call from James letting me know they stole his $230 car battery and I needed to pick up a new one, cheap or otherwise. We weren't even sure yet we could get the jeep running but we knew even if we could it wouldn't run without the battery. I arrived with battery in hand long before the police showed, but they finally did and James was able to start it with some pliers, as they messed up his steering column. He go tit home and the next 2 days he started it up got to and from work and school taking his battery out and taking it in with him so no one could steel the jeep. 
Saturday he went out to the u pull it places and found a new steering column with a steering wheel he had been wanting, a new bumper, and a new dimmer switch for his lights. He also went to the jeep store looking for speakers and found a new center console instead! So we spent most of Saturday fixing the jeep.


0 comments: