Saturday, September 6, 2008

Italy/State Fair

Today at 4am James left the house and by 7am was on a flight headed for another flight and another flight and another flight eventually landing in Italy for active duty training. He will be there for 3 weeks. Lucky man being forced to go to Italy for three weeks he he. I love him and am hoping that 3 weeks pass quickly. I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy.




The State Fair started yesterday and is only 3 blocks away. So I may go to one or two days/nights at the fair/rodeo. It would be a lot more fun with James and he and I had been planning on going for a while now but duty called and their is always next year. So this morning after James left and I woke up I went and visited Pop (James' dad) at the car lot on the corner and remembered that there was a parade this morning so Cowgirl and I went to the parade and watched most of it. The streets where crowded, the parade was long, their was candy, cars, dancers, ponies, costumes, floats, flayers, and Lots and LOTS of ROTC/military school groups... So many that I lost count. That was a first for me. Here are some pictures of the parade.
This little rodeo queen was riding on a little foal very cute but I'll have to find out if that is responsible or safe for both foal and rider.
This was pretty cool it was a bunch of baloons in the shape of a bull and rider.
Cow girl did so good sitting thier watching the paraide.
On of those young military groups... One of the more organized ones.
a group of young dancers haveing a good time.

0 comments: