This was exactly what I needed a break from every day loneliness and constant care of a 4 month old. Friday morning I packed up a suit case for Brynlee and a duffel bag for me. I took Cowgirl and Brynlee to my parent's house and headed to Heber to meet up with Vandee. At noon I met up with Vandee, her mother, and mother-in-law and we all car pooled to Phx. We made a few stops then went to our hotel to check in. Vandee and I hung out in our room, watched TV, and talked for a few hours till it was time to go to the conference.
We first heard from Kenneth Cope who is a wonderful Christian singer, and then the couple who put the whole tour together, Brad & Debi Wilcox. We where then given the opportunity to here the great concert violinist, Jenny Oaks Baker. She is beautiful and her musical talent is amazing.

After Jenny we
had a short break to look over the book store items and the other booths
around the room. We then got to here from John
Bytheway who is one of my
favorite speakers! Then we heard from Jenny again and we finished.
After the conference ended that night We went to Hard Rock Cafe around the corner for desert since we where all craving Ice cream.
Saturday morning we woke up, got ready and headed down to the
conference center (after checking out of the hotel) This was such a great day. We got to hear from Mr. Kenneth Cope
a lot this day, he is a very funny man and I thank his Wife for letting him come and share his
humor and musical talents with us this weekend.

In the morning we heard from Emily Watts
and Emily Freeman. These where Great and wonderful women who taught me a lot.

Then we took a Lunch break where all of us went down to Hard Rock for lunch!

Yum!!!! (wow I look fat,
lol)

After lunch we went back to the
conference center and heard more from Kenneth Cope. We heard from Wendy Ulrich,

and then Kris
Belcher.
These where such wonderful women to hear from and we all laughed so much. Everyone had a great time. The theme of the conference was "Sweet Assurance" but the theme throughout the weekend and strung through each story and each talk was "If you can laugh at it, you can live with it." This was so true, How many times do you find yourself laughing to keep from crying, how many times a day do your children do something that should make you furious but instead you laugh. From now on look at things with this new theme it seems to make life just a little more enjoyable, plus laughing is fun! We laughed so hard and so long, it lasted from beginning to end. From stories about glass in the lasagna to "Have you taught your children sign language yet" said to a blind person... This was just what I needed! Thank you So much Vandee for inviting me!
After the conference we headed home. By the time I got back in town Brynlee had already been asleep for 2 hours and she has just started to have a real routine so I didn't want to break it on day 4. I picked up the dog and let Brynlee stay one more night. I picked her up at 7:30 the next morning.
0 comments:
Post a Comment