Monday, January 4, 2010

Late as usual...

For those of you that have been paying attention, you will note that I do not contribute to this blog on a regular basis... which is either a character flaw or just shows how busy we are here in Iraq. I will let you all decide for yourself. On a more festive note I would like to send a belated Marry Christmas, a Very Prosperous New Year and a Heart Felt Thank You to all of our Family members, as well as all of our friends, with out you guys this deployment would be all but impossible. Your constant support, both physical and emotional, has helped keep Brittnee, Brynlee, Myself, and yes even Cow Girl and Dally in good spirits... well most of the time. I know that most of you are aware of the nature of my mission is here, I am proud to say that my Convoy Escort Team has been on the road for roughly 21 weeks avaraging one to two missions a week, from 400 to 1,000 miles per mission... too many veriables to remember or do the math on our actuall milage to date... but long drawn out story short we have managed to log a metric butt load of miles with out loss of life, limb, or equipment... minus lots of tires... Now thats saying something, when you look at the fact that #1 there are NO TRAFFIC LAWS HERE!!! ( So playing "CHICKEN" with a "BIG RIG" is common. #2 These are by far the WORST ROADS EVER MADE!!!, those of you who know me know the type of roads I LOVE TO DRIVE ON, (THIS IS WHY I OWN A JEEP) but here EVEN I AM SCARED OF THE ROADS! I've got lots of pictures to follow, but for now (due to my limited internet connection) they will have to wait.
In closing thank you all for the support... Brittnee you are my Rock, you keep me sane, and you're also the cattle prod that gets me moving when i want to sleep in... Brynlee Bear, (yes i realize she can't read yet!) I miss you and will be home soon, don't torture momma too much... Cow Girl, WOOF WOOF, WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF! (HEY SHE UNDERSTANDS ME)
LOVE AND MISS ALL OF YOU SEE YA SOON

0 comments: