Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trip to AZ/ Update

Okay so quick update Some of you know that we where waiting to hear back from a job application for James and we finally got our answer last Monday and he didn't get it so here's to hoping something comes along soon.

Brynlee, Cowgirl, and I went to AZ for two weeks. I went because my Mom and Dad went to Hawaii to chaperon an exchange student trip. This year they also took Noah and Sawyer, and also visited a second island and needed me to keep an eye on the rest of the kids, animals, and the house.

Brynlee and I found a lot of ways to entertain ourselves though. We hung out with Uncle Quade, Aunt Taylor and the horses a lot. the weather was so nice the majority of the time we where there. We went to visit the horses almost everyday after Quade got home.
Brynlee would run around the property and try to get into the mud,
before mommy could catch her.
Brynlee got to ride a lot too. At first Brynlee only wanted to pet the horse and cried and was scared when I put her on but the more we went out and the more we rode the more she laughed and loved it. Eventually she even held the reins and pet the horse from the saddle.
One day Taylor's big strong male friends came too and we where able to get Quade in the saddle. He had so much fun and didn't want to get down
I just liked this picture.
Taylor and her friend Colten rode and I put Brynlee up for one last ride before we left for the day.
When we got home, Quade laid out on the floor and Brynlee jumped on his back, Quade got on all fours and let Brynlee ride him like a horse they both laughed and played like this all afternoon.
Then it got cold! I went to bed one night and woke up the next morning to snow and a 2 hour delay for school. The kids had a 2 hour delay Wed-Fri. total we got maybe 5 inches of snow but because of melting it stayed at about 2-3 inches the whole time. It was kind of sad that it got so cold so fast because it meant no horse play, but I got mine in anyway. seeing that Taylor is a new driver and the roads where icy and it was snowing both Wednesday and Thursday night I took on Taylor's horse duties and realized how much I miss taking care of the ponies. I moved horses in the snow, I got frozen fingers while I was breaking ice in a water bucket, and feeding extra to help keep them warm. Oddly enough I am not being sarcastic at all when I say I can't wait to have Dally home and get another one or two and be able to care for them myself again, I really miss it.

We are now home and dealing with new things. The City of Albuquerque is having a Natural Gas shortage and lots of people have been without heat and even electricity. Though thankfully we have not had ours go out yet. James had me buy a heater while in AZ because everyone in town is sold out completely, there was even people fighting at a store across town over the last ones. So I bought a big one and a small one before leaving town. Because of the gas shortage JAmes and his unit have been on standby since Thursday and we have just been waiting for him to get a call to go out and help people with whatever the governor needs them to help with, the governor did declare a state of emergency. So far James has had 2 calls but has not had to go yet..... We'll just have to wait and see how it goes. Hope all of you are having a good day/week. I'll write again soon!

0 comments: