Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Mexico State Fair

Thursday we decided to go to the fair so at 3:10 I picked up the two kids I watch, Tristan and Raven, and went to our house instead of theirs. They did their homework and played till James got home when the 5 of us went down to the fair. When their mom got off work she met us there and we stayed and walked and played till nearly 9pm! Brynlee and Raven even got to take pony rides! It was a lot of fun! Friday I didn't have work and was planning a day of cleaning house and blog updating when i got a call from my friend Jasmine asking what I was doing? If I had plans for the day? and would I like to go to the fair again? So Brynlee and I went to the fair again! Jasmine's daughter Mkayla had a school field trip that day and for various reasons Jasmine needed to be near in case anything happened. Her mom had had to back out last min so Brynlee and I got asked to go and because we where with the school parking and entry where free. Jasmine introduced me to the Super Spud for lunch which was amazing and we also discovered the fried food stand where we tried the fried twinky (which was disappointing) and later tried the fried cookie dough and fried cheese cake which where amazing! After the school was done with the kids the parents where aloud to take their children so we wandered around a bit more and Brynlee fell asleep in the most adorable position.

After a while she woke up and we hit old McDonald's Farm. Brynlee got a new cowboy hat at the fair because it looked too cute not to buy.

Then Sat night Jenny Came over to watch Brynlee so James and I could go to the fair and rodeo. James and I had an amazing time eating Frybread burgers, and watching the rodeo. The concert was put on by Rodney Atkins and sadly was not very good. I think he was using this as a test on new material and it was not smooth and though the music was good the entertainment was not James and I left just before the end of his set and still enjoyed ourselves that evening! # days at the fair was good enough for me this year. I am all "fair"ed out.

0 comments: