Today Brynlee and I went on a bike ride with the Spratlings. This was quit the adventure! I started off when I got the text to join them for a bike ride. I quickly searched for and found our bike pump and then proceeded out back to air up our tires. I had the 2 on my bike done and had just finished filling the last on the bike trailer. As I pulled the pump off of the tube the valve ripped off! The inner tube in the tire was ruined. I called my friend and told her what had happened and she said no biggie Brynlee could ride in their bike trailer!
So off we went. Brynlee and I hurriedly got dressed and did our hair and headed out side to meet our friends! We got about 20 mins into our bike ride when my back tire blew! When I tired to pump it up the air leaked right back out. Luckily we where not far from wal-mart and when we got close we found a park. My friend stayed with the 2 kids at the park while I ran to wal-mart to get a new inner tube and a tool to put the tire back on once it was taken off.
It took me 7 mins to get to wal-mart from the park, 2 to get from the entrance to the bike stuff, 15 mins to look through the tire stuff and make no seance of it find a guy to tell me he didn't get it make a phone call to get more info from my friend and make a decision on what tube I needed, 2 mins to walk to the front of the store, 6 mins to check out, and 7 mins to walk back to the park! Approx a total of 40 mins to get a tube.
Then My friend helped me put the new tube on my bike. Thankfully last year when I was given the bike it was a very nice bike! Most bikes you need special tools and all sorts of things to change a bike tire. The bike I was given I have been told is very nice and very expensive, and I believe it! Changing the bake inner tube was a breeze!
After getting that fixed we headed home as it was noon and my friend's son still takes a nap. When we got home I brought everything in and started to think about what to make for lunch. Brynlee fell asleep on the couch before we could even figure out what to make. My friend told me her son did the same. What a good way to wear the kiddos out!




0 comments:
Post a Comment