Friday, May 4, 2012

The Master of Disaster

In the last week Brynlee has earned the above title. This week alone she has ruined about $100 worth of food by one of 2 ways... 1) turning off the fridge without anyone realizing it till it was too late or 2) "cooking" Brynlee has begun to pretend and has quite the imagination. She has combined beef and pork she has taken leftover pizza out side and added dirt toppings, she has taken pork in a plastic container and placed it in the oven (luckily we found it before the oven got turned on.), Put a bag of hot dogs on the grill out back, mixed water with about a dozen yoghourts, and mixed mouth wash and maple syrup! She almost never has a clean room or a made bed. She very nearly killed the fish but did manage to rip some fins off, he is now in our room! She has escaped out the front door numerous times and once even ended up on the other side of the fence between the main road and the apt complex before I could catch her and believe me that was a scary moment. We have since put a latch on the door high enough out of the way that she can not reach it (because she can reach both dead bolts) and will soon be putting a pad lock on the fridge. It is awfully hard to replace $100+ worth of food every week on our current budget. She also now has an imaginary friend called "my friend" who has to eat everything she does but on their own plate. 
The other day I had been doing something on the computer and realized as I finished up that I hadn't heard Brynlee in a while. I searched the house and started to worry I checked the front door but it was still locked. I checked her room and then came back into mine and finally I found her....
She must have been hiding under the covers from me when she fell asleep... Her cute moments have saved her more often than not...

0 comments: