Wednesday, September 2, 2009

3 Months Old

Brynlee is 3 months old today!

Brynlee loves sleeping with a blanky and Binky... when she actually sleeps she has started to develop a routing that includes sleeping till 6-6:30 am, a nap around 9 or 10, a possible nap around noon, an other nap around 1 to 3 for an hour or two, and then to bed around 7pm waking once in the night around 1 or 2 am.

Brynlee is doing so good, she does little crunches when 1/2 sitting up, she can hold her head up much longer than before, she loves to smile, and squeal, and laugh, and suck on her fists. She has even started to copy mommy and figure out that her actions have consequences. The other day I propped up her bottle so i could let the dog out and feed her, as soon as i turned around to walk away she pushed the bottle out of her mouth and started to cry, I turned around and fixed and went to walk away again with the same result... this happened several more times before i got flustered, walked away, did what i needed to do, and returned to my crying baby to feed her...
The other day I was laying on my bed with her propped up against my legs sitting on my stomach. She leaned forward, I caught her and made a fun screaming noise, not loud just playful. After the first time I watched very intently watch my face as she did it several more times each with the same result, caught and mommy screams. After about 6 or 7 times I held her so she couldn't make herself fall forward again. When she realized she couldn't lean forward and made the exact noise I had been making, I laughed and we started the process over, after a few more times falling forward and having the same result as before i stopped her again and once again she made the exact noise i had been making again. It was great to have her actually copy me to tell me what she wanted!
Brynlee is sitting up more and more with better control of her head and limbs. She tries very hard to reach for things and you can tell because she will focus and reach out but can't quiet make her muscles do what she wants them to yet. She is getting so big!

Even Cowgirl has started counting Brynlee as part of the family. Licking her feet, hands, and occasionally her face before I can stop her. She is usually pretty good with Brynlee unless she gets over excited. She even runs from her kennel to the car seat when I let her out when I get home to make sure it's Brynlee and that she is home and ok. She greets us both!

0 comments: