This is a day we must never forget. Being on the west coast the events of this day 8 years ago happened in the early morning hours. I was disappointed this year to see that the history channel seemed to be the only channel remembering the events of this day after 8am mtn time. I hope we as Americans never forget this day and never forget the events that took place. The only way to keep history from repeating it's self is to actively remember.
I Remember...

So many people untrained for a war they ended up in the middle of as the towers came down. I was in my Freshman year of high school, in Pendelton, OR, in early morning seminary when we got the news. The school insisted we not watch the news during school and said they would announce any new developments over the intercom. I really didn't find out much about what had happened till I got home and found my dad standing front of the tv watching the video of the planes flying into the towers over and over and over again. It felt so unreal... so unreal that early that morning after hearing about it my friends and I laughed at the prospect of such an attack. It was a distant story from some made up movie... until I got home and watched the videos on the news. I will always remember. Now more than ever I will always remember as my husband fights in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, that all started 8 years ago today.
A Town Remembers....
I took these Pictures in town today.
The World Remembers!
This beautiful double rainbow appeared at the beginning of a thunder storm this afternoon. It appeared and as it rained it grew brighter and brighter and faded as the storm ended. I take it as the earth and God's remembrance of this day. Twin Rainbows during a storm.




1 comments:
GREAT post! thanks!!
Post a Comment