Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bringing Home Our Soldier P2

Bringing Home Our Soldier Part 2!

Day 6: Thursday 4/15/2010
We got up at 0400 and got ready to take James back to the barracks. Just after 0500 We took the sleeping Brynlee from her bed, said good bye to the cowgirl, and headed back on Post to drop off James. After saying good bye and getting back to the room, Cowgirl bolted from the room and raced up and down the hall from the door looking for Daddy. I finally got her back in the room and packed up. Anna and Grandma Schmieder went to the continental breakfast, then Brynlee went with Grandma Schmieder so mommy could load up the car. When every one was loaded and ready we checked out of the hotel and headed out.
Anna and I drove and where very tiered we made several stops along the way to gas up, rest, and eat. Finally we made it back to Abq and rested the rest of the day.

The next days where full of waiting and anticipation,
Day 7: Friday 4/16/2010
Play with toys and wait....
Day 8: Saturday 4/17/2010
More waiting......
Day 9: Sunday 4/18/2010
More waiting but we found...... something to do... lol

Day 10: Monday 4/19/2010
We waited so long! Today was the day!!!!! Finally he'd be home, he'd be mine and I wouldn't have to give him back at, least over night, for a while! I waited and waited and finally at about 1545 (3:45 pm) I got word that they where finally loaded the buses. It took the 1115th about 4 1/2 hours to get here so we thought they would be hare about 2000-2030 (8-830 pm) I went down to the Armory where they would come into at about 1545, and waited....... Time crawled.... When the guys reached town they had all the roads shut down and a cop with lights flashing on each bridge! The where escorted up from Bliss to the NM border by TX state police and passed off to NM state police when they hit the boarder. James said each county and city would join the escort through the county and town all the way up. In Limatar they stopped and where joined by Freedom riders who helped lead them all the way to the armory where anxious families awaited.


I was on the phone with James when they hit I-40, which is the road your on before you get off on Wyoming and the armory. Firs we saw the escorts.... Then..... THE BUSES. Everyone yelled and screamed and was so happy to see them. I had left Brynlee at Mamaw and Bop's to hopefully sleep but Cowgirl got to come and wait in the car. I knew James was at the front Left of Bus 3. So I had parked at the appropriate end to be closest to the last bus in line (the 3rd). I watched soldier after soldier get off the bus but it was dark and I didn't see James. I started to worry. After a few very long agonizing minutes, James found me. I ran to him and held him tight for a long time. James said that when he got off the bus the media and families right in front of the bus door had pushed him aside to get to their own loved ones, I had purposely waited back on the side walk so as not to crowed the guys getting off and make it easier for James to find me, it hadn't worked lol. James had thought I was on the opposite end from where I was but he finally found me. We went and found his ruck sack and back pack and went to the car where...

James and his Cowgirl where reunited again!
BIG HUGS!!!!!
We put cowgirl back in the car and went to wait for formation. They told us where to meet and we took a short cut to get there, but on the way there I guess they announced no formation lol. So we went home! We ate a wonderful green chili stew and went to bed.
Day 11: 4/20/2010
Up at 0600 with Brynlee got ready for the Revers Yellow Ribbon Ceremony at the Santa Anna Star Center. We left the house at about 0800 and arrived ant the star center about 0900. The fire departments had a flag hanging between latter trucks out front.
As always Formation was held before the ceremony started.
Then they matched the guys in, in a line to the seats down on the floor. Can you spot James? Hint: He is one of the bald ones.
We where joined in the stands by Mamaw, Bop, Uncle JP, and cousins Conner and Katie.
There was a little girl behind us who took an interest in Brynlee. When I took this picture she was holding the hand of the little girl behind us but before the picture took she moved her hand.
After word everyone said hi, gave hugs, took pictures, and then went their separate ways


We met James' friend after word and talked a while.
After all the excitement James and I went to see his grandparents and visit a while. We got lunch and hung out till Brynlee went to bed for the night, we went out for Ice Cream and hit the hay.
Day 12: Wednesday 4/21/2010
Today James woke up with a fever, and a pretty bad cold but had to go to SRP today to finish all this deployment stuff up. He was up about 0600 and left about 0645. He has been there ever since and I am just waiting for him to come home and take it easy till he feels better. I want him home so he can kick his cold but he needs to get done so we don't have to do anything tomorrow. Such a sweet man I love him so much. If he finishes today this deployment will officially be over other than necessary medical follow up.

1 comments:

Madison Shea said...

YAY!!! Im so glad he's home!!! :)