Well I better make this quick, now that my computer is upstairs and Brynlee is down stairs getting into who knows what. 7:04am.....
7:19am.... she was dumping the dog's food into her water dish and her water into her food dish.....
Anyway! Here is a quick update sorry no pictures I have found one camera that is not charged and can't find the charger and I can't find the other camera but I found it's charger!
Tuesday May 26th: Brynlee learned how to get out of her crib....
Tuesday night I put Brynlee in her crib at the normal hour of bed time and all seemed well. I sat down on the couch while James took the dog outside. Just after James went out I thought I heard a door knob move.... I waited and heard it again, Then the front door blew open with the wind... I thought for about 2 seconds that was the noise I heard until I heard it again. I got up and went to the start of the hallway, starring at her door... I heard a giggle.... I shook my head in disbelief and went out side to peer down the complex at James and the dog as they walked out of my site. Then I went back inside and to her door way. I put two fingers on the door knob and turned it just enough to open it. As soon as the door opened Brynlee ran from her crib to the door came out and shut the door behind her then ran towards the open front door, never looking at me. James came inside just as she got into the living room and she stopped and giggled.... James where still in a state of shock and disbelief when we put her back in her crib and stood back, watching. Brynlee let out an upset cry at being put back that lasted all of a second then went to the corner of her crib, grabbed the rail, got up on the rail like it was a horse, swung her other leg over, slid herself down till both feet rested on the mattress, then moved her hands to the rail in front of her and slide herself to the floor and giggled..... Brynlee got out of her bed 5-7 more times before I finally put her mattress on the floor with her blankets and we tied the door shut. When we opened the door to check on her before we went to bed she was sleeping all covered up on her mattress even though we know she got up several more times. Wed I broke down her crib and there she slept for the next few nights.
Thursday we came to see our new place and sign our lease, the apt looked good but the AC had just broken an hour or less before we got there. they asked if we wanted to put off our move in date until after it was fixed but two days before we where to move in was really short notice to have to change everything now! Then we got done looking at the place and the lady said the lease wasn't ready! she'd known about this for over a month and didn't have it written up! I was mad but we came back the next day and signed and got our keys. Then moved Sat.
So Sat a bunch of guys from church came over, after Cowgirl had been taken to the new apt and Brynlee had gone to Mamaw and Bop's, to help us load the truck. we moved everything in 2 loads it was pretty quick. Then our friend Duke spent most of the day helping us unpack, which we appreciated very much! On Sat we got most of the furniture into place and got Brynlee's room mostly unpacked. My goal for that day was to get everything from the old apt to the new one, get Brynlee's room as close to done as possible, and get our bedroom sleep ready. We accomplished that and more thanks to the help of Duke and the speed with which our friends helped us move.
Sunday we unpacked and relaxed a bit while we unpacked.
Monday was a day off for James so we took Brynlee to Mamaw and Bop's again and we went back to the old apt to scrub it clean. It took about 2 1/2 hours but everything was clean when we left, we used the rest of the day to mostly sit around.
Tuesday it was back to life as usual, James went to work, Brynlee drove me crazy and is having to learn all sorts of new things now that we have a back yard she has to learn that we don't lock the dog outside when it's hot, we don't bring bugs or leaves inside the house, we have no place to hide the dog's food and water dishes so she has to learn to not get into those, she has to learn to stay in bed at nap time and bed time since she is now in a toddler bed, as soon as things settle down she will have to potty train, and there is so much more.... In fact just this morning she used the same technique she learned to get out of her crib, to climb the baby gate in front of her room at 6:15am! So needless to say from here on out there will be no more sleeping in for me.
Now that it is finally 8am I need to go call the office about the A/C since it is supposed to reach 94 today and they didn't call or come by yesterday like they said they would, and I still need to unpack more in the kitchen and our bedroom. Hope you have enjoyed reading about our adventures this past week and hope you have a good day!
Reading List 2024
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment