Thursday, March 1, 2012

Montana Silversmiths

The other day I ordered a statue called "Best Friends" My mom gave me this statue the Christmas that James was in Iraq. It is all 3 of my babies. (Dallas, Brynlee, and Cowgirl) At our last apartment however I bought a shelf to display them in my living room but when I tried to put this one and one other on the shelf, the shelf came off the wall and this beautiful statue shattered. I was very upset. Since then I have looked up the statue many times but usually didn't have the money right then to order it. Last time I looked it up I found that 'Montana Silversmiths' was no longer producing the piece, and had none left in stock! Every where else I looked also said they where out of stock! I found one place but by the time I found it we where once again not in a place financially to order it. So when I looked at the bank after buying shelves and such I looked up the statue again and right off the bat found a store in Nebraska that had it in stock and jumped on it! I had been anxiously awaiting it's arrival all day and at 2:30pm it finally arrived, and I was thrilled!

This one is called "First Love" and I got it a long time ago from my parents. it has it's own little cubby whole along with the Claddagh plaque James got me when he flew through Ireland.

Here is the top shelf with my third statue "Just Like Momma" given to me the Mother's Day James got home from Iraq.

Here it all is together, it makes me happy to look at.

Brynlee had to pose too!

This is also a Montana Silversmith produced statue called "Courting Cowboy" This image was the back ground to our wedding announcement and a print like the one below hangs in our bedroom.


This one is called "Two Trails Become One" and I hope some day to renew my vows with James and have this statue near my cake.

So yes I guess you could say I kind of collect these beautiful statues, when they have a special meaning to me. They seem to fit me and my life, the way I see it.... As a romantic and loving Western Life.

0 comments: