Monday, November 3, 2008

Playing catchup

wow I can't belive I only posted once last month. For those that follow my blog I'm sorry. Alot has gone on...



1. James got home from Italy

2. The Balloon Fiesta

3. Dallas had to move

4. Johnny (my new "brother") came home on leave from Iraq

5. I got engaged.

6. My soon to be niece and nephew celebrated thier birthdays

7. I have been working quiet a bit.

8. We are planning a trip to AZ at the end of the month

9. Barak Obama..... is president.....



so starting at the top of the list lol

James got home from Italy

So yeah after 3 weeks in Italy James came home and everyone was happy, though everything at the office fell apart which leaves James a little reluctant to leave the office for any pieriod of time. Lol but I guess thats just the way things go when your the boss man. We where all happy to have him home.



The balloon Fiesta

Well alot of the days got rained out and between Drill and sleepyness we didn't really get to go but we did go the first night that it got rained out. We got to see the mounted patrol and the fire works and the guys doing these amazing wood carvings. If I ever locate my camera I will have to post the pictures. These carvings where amazing! It was a nice night to spend time together just me and james



Moving Dallas

about a week after James' return from Italy we where informed by James' coworker (who was boarding Dallas free of charge) informed us that they had forclosed on thier home and we needed to move Dally asap. So we spent 2 days searching for a reasonably priced place to relocate Dallas to (which was impossible!) We eventually found a place that would atleast be worth our money. I ended up haveing to work so I went and looked at the place and after James got off work he traded me cars and went to relocate Dally. Which was no easy task. lol James had a little trouble loading Dally after moving everything that was stored in the trailor to the car. He didn't get to the new location until after dark. He got Dally settled and signed the paper work and then back down to trade me cars again so we could both head home. (I am no good at driving the jeep) But on the bright side he is about 30-45 mins closer to me than he was before and he is right next to state land that we can ride on :)



Yeah Johnny!

Okay so I had talked to Johnny before and he seemed like a really nice guy. James and he are so close and them both being in the army makes them pretty much brothers so as soon as Johnny met me he considered me his sister. He is an amazing guy and a great brother. He will soon be returning to Iraq for another 3-4 months before going back to the post he was stationed at before he left in Hawaii! Lucky guy :P but yeah it has been great hanging out with him and our other friends while he's been home!



So yeah I um got engaged.... more later



The birthdays

So James' niece Katie and nephew Conner's birthdays are only a week apart so they get to celerbrate thier birthdays together in a couple diffrent places. The other night was the family party Saddly James could not attend becouse he was at Drill playing soldier for the weekend. We gave Conner a Bakoogon(sp?) holder and we gave Katie the most adorable black felt hat that has pink trim. It was a very fun night spent with the kids and family. filled with good food and birthday cake!

work

Well I was hiered as a pet sitter but the pet sitting business has been a bit slow so I have been working at Dog World the doggie day care center. I usually work 7-8 hour shifts 3-5 times a week. I am only getting paid minumum wage but it's enough to pay for dally and my phone bill so it works for now... but it is getting awful cold!

AZ trip
Well like any one else we are planing to be with family over the holidays and with a little bit of savings and a little bit of luck we will be spending thanksgiving in Gilbert, AZ with my mom's side of the family. I am VERY much looking fwd to this trip!

Obama
Okay I'm really not sure what to say here except that the man scares me... I would like to be able to put at least a small amount of faith in the man who will soon run our country and in the man who will be telling my soon to be Hubby where to go and how long he will be there. I find it hard to trust this lier. He is a handsom smooth talking man and his track record is completly contradictory to everything he said during the election. I thought there was no way that this man could fool so many good people but saddly Americans turned out to be more nieve than I ever thought they could be. I am espesially saddened that so many of my old high school speech and debate friends where fooled. They no better than to just belive the words of a man. They know that actions speak loader than words but very few of them seemed to remember that when it came to Mr. Obama...... Well I guess all I can do now is prepare myself and my little family for the worst and hope that this man dose not send my Teddy Bear too far away for too long or to a place that is too dangerous. I am praying for this man to be guided by the lord. I may not like him or have much faith in him as a man but God has the power to direct his thoughts and hopefully his thoughts will be directed toward the safety of the people of this country and the people who protect it with thier lives.

2 comments:

Vandee said...

What a post. Good to hear from you again. Don't sound so excited about getting engaged. If it wasn't for your other posts, I would be worried. The ring is beautiful.

Flutephobia said...

dude, spell check.