Sunday, May 1, 2011

10 Long Years

September 11, 2001 I was in early morning seminary in Pendalton, OR, my freshman year of HS when it happened. We got out of Seminary at the church and started our walk to school I met up with friends along the way who laughed and joked about what had happened and I couldn't understand the severity of what had happened because all my friends didn't understand it either. They had only seen the first plane before heading off to school. Once at school it was announced that the teachers where to turn off their TVs and continue with lessons, by this time the teachers had all seen the second plane and knew it was terrorists, but my friends and I did not, They said they would announce if anything more developed. Every one that knew seemed somber and I just wanted to know what was going on. I didn't find out till later that day when I got home from school and found my dad standing in front of the TV watching the repetitive footage of the towers being hit and collapsing.

Now almost 10 years later I sat at my computer on Facebook when My husband gets a text on his phone and yells "What!?!" I asked him what and he looked up and me and said "Osama Bin Laden is dead!" I repeated his exclamation! I turned to the computer and started to go to the news at the same time he grabbed the remote and turned to the news on the TV. It was true! President Obama was 15-20 mins from telling the world that Osama Bin Laden had been found and killed in Pakistan.....

0 comments: