Last night after Brynlee napped, James cleaned, and I went to church and did my visiting teaching we went to Skosh and Leilani's birthday party. We where a bit late but it was fun.
Sadly last night we also lost Mr. Monkey fish. We got him in Nov 2011 and last night when I went to feed the fish Monkey wasn't moving even when prodded. I looked closely through the tank and he had little black spots on his fins. We unceremoniously flushed him and will clean the tank today in hopes the other 2 don't get sick. I should have known something was up since monkey has been hiding out in his treasure chest more than usual the last week or so... I should have removed him from the tank when I noticed the behavior and medicated him but I was to busy with other things. I feel a bit sad he is gone with as many times as I have saved the poor guy but there is nothing I can do now. I haven't had the heart to tell Brynlee yet. I know she will ask lots of questions I just won't be able to answer....
Update: I told Brynlee earlier today about Monkey and she was not happy. She cried and told me that Monkey was her favorite and she wanted him back now. it was heart breaking and it lasted 5-10 mins and then she was mostly okay. I haven't heard much about it since other than her talking to Daddy about it, but she seems to be doing okay.




0 comments:
Post a Comment