No pictures this time :( I misplaced our camera.
Okay so November 28th I went to "girls night out" and we ate good food, made cute advent calendars, and exchanged ornaments we had made. Mine where frosted glass bulbs that I painted red and blue with white stars. My favorite that I received though was "Melted frosty" SO CUTE!!!! It's a glass bulb filled with white glitter sand and it has 2 little sticks for arms, a tiny carrot nose, and little things for eyes and buttons!
Dec 6 I went to the dentist and found out I have to cavities :( I get them filled Dec 11th.
Yesterday was a VERY busy day! First off it was James' 38th birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!! Anyway the day started with getting up at 7 am, giving James his card and present of a Starbucks gift card, then getting all of us ready for the day, and heading to the church at 8. James, several people from the ward and I got everything we needed hauled into the church and set up in the relief society room. At 9:30 people started to show up with their kids for the ward's kid's party. While the kids ran around the church in their pjs singing songs, making crafts, eating donuts, and drinking hot chocolate and watching the polar express (Brynlee included) all the adults helped set up tables for the evening party and fill shelter bags. We filled over 100 bags! We where even all loaded and cleaned up by noon! I started to gather up Brynlee as things got wrapped up with the bags so I could change her from her pjs to some real clothes. Then Santa showed up and we got slightly delayed. Brynlee received a bell and a candy cane then she finished changing clothes and we where off with a car full of shelter bags!
James was in his jeep with Brynlee and I was in mine filled with bags! We stopped at the shelter thrift store where I usually drop off the bags and it was closed!!!! So off we went still weighed down and went to the west side to learn to play Polo X. It's like Lacrosse on horse back! Leslie and James hauled Dallas down for me and I had a blast learning the ropes. I even started to get the hang of it towards the end!
After Polo X we ran home and quickly cleaned up and changed clothes for the ward Christmas party where we had over cooked lasagna, little Cesar's bread sticks, Dion's salads, and cranberry sierra mist! then desert. we sang songs and heard the Christmas story with a video made from pictures of kids in the ward dressed up. Then it was home. We eventually mustered the energy to get Brynlee up to bed and James did a load of dishes while I did my rough draft for school that is due Monday. Then we crashed hard!
Today we woke up around 8 am and went through our normal morning routine then we made a special breakfast, the one I had originally planned to make on James' birthday! We got out our new Christmas plates, made Christmas waffles, bacon, and eggs. Then made OJ and coffee to drink. While I was cooking breakfast I also cooked two round red velvet cakes. Once we had eaten I took a short break to check my mail and veg while James played a video game. While checking my mail I found out that 2 of the gifts I ordered where already finished and on their way! I was so excited!
After relaxing I headed back to the kitchen to clean up a little and to decorate James' cake. I put down 1 layer and tried to create a rime of chocolate frosting and my bag burst out the side! So I just knifed a rim on the first cake. Then I combined caramel dipping sauce with whipped cream and put that in the center! YUM!!! Then I put the second layer on and covered the whole thing in Hershey's chocolate frosting and used more of the caramel whipped cream to decorate it. It look SO amazing!!!
After the cake was finished I put it in the fridge but there was still a bag full of caramel whipped cream! So I chopped up some apples and the whole family had apples and caramel whipped cream! SO delicious!
While I was decorating the cake Brynlee's friend Aurora came over and we are watching her for a few hours. While I have been updating this blog the finished gifts where delivered by my friend and I can't wait to finish them and give them away for Christmas they are so beautiful!
P.S. I found the camera!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment