Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recovery

Friday- James stayed home to care for me, which was good because I was pretty much bed ridden. I was in bed the whole day except for a short walk downstairs when the missionaries stopped by and I asked for a blessing. After my blessing it was back upstairs to the bed only to leave for bathrooms trips. James made sure I had plenty to drink and that I ate. Mamaw and Bop kept brynlee till nearly 4:30 in the afternoon so I had the whole day to rest in a quiet house. I am so thankful to them for keeping her for so long. They also brought over a roast, rolls, and veggies when they brought Brynlee home! Maria also brought Dinner over chicken, rice, and veggies for that night. We decided the roast would be easier to reheat so we ate the chicken. I was also informed that Maria had told my friend Danielle what had happened and together they made sure my bishop and relief society president knew what had happened.

Saturday- was another day spent in bed with trips to the bathroom and one trip downstairs to eat dinner in a change of scenery. The roast was delicious! We had many phone calls and visitors this day, as well as many offers to help in any way possible. I also had meals set up to be brought in to us this day, starting Sunday.

Sunday- Brynlee was picked up by our friend lyne around noon and taken to church, this gave me a little more quiet time to sleep and read and Brynlee was so happy she got to church! I am so thankful lyne was able to take her. That night my mom came out from AZ so James could go back to work the next morning without having to worry about me. Dinner was bought that night by my visiting teachers wonderful, BBQ meatballs and rice with veggies and rolls! I think I made 2-3 trips downstairs this day, but was very unsteady and tiered quickly.

Monday- I had a dr appointment this day so my morning was spent in bed while my mother cleaned the downstairs and watched Brynlee. I did go downstairs several times and once made toast for myself but that was exhausting! At noon we took Brynlee to Danielle's house to play while my mom took me to the dr. James arrived at the dr's office just before I got called back and was able to stay with me through most of the visit. By the time I had gotten to the office I could tell I had over done it. I was very lightheaded and when they where checking me in I thought I was going to pass out. After returning to a chair I started to feel a bit better but not much. After the nurse checked my vitals she had me undress from the waist down and we waited for the dr. After visiting with the dr I was given a  prescription for iron pills and a stool softener! Yay! NOT! But on the bright side I guess I was already constipated... Anyway, I was told I wouldn't be functional for another 48 hours at least and wouldn't feel normal for several weeks. Then it was good bye to James, get dressed, and go get my blood drawn again! By this time it was 2:30pm and I had not eaten, I was ready to pass out but my mom got my prescription dropped off, picked up Brynlee, and got us all fed before I passed out. Then it was nap time! I had texted my teacher to let him know i would not be in class that day. My vt partner and home teacher brought spaghetti for dinner that night and we had cookies as well! It was a very exhausting day.

Tuesday- the night before I pleaded in my prayers to get better quickly and to be at least functional by the time my mom had to leave. The dr had said the day before that if I did not get any better in 48 hours that I would need a blood transfusion and that that would take a big chunk of a day and I didn't want that. When I woke up I felt much better, this day I realized I could now be up long enoguh to make small meals for me and Brynlee without getting light headed, something I needed to know to be comfortable with my mom leaving. I even went to class for 3 hours! I was so happy! Dinner was brought, a casarol and rolls, and a fruit salad with marshmallows. Our home teacher took James out for a burger at 5 guys and it was a really good day, my mom also cleaned the upstairs this day and while my home has been clean before it looks simply amazing now, I love my mom so much and am so thankful she has been able to come out and help me, there is no way I could have driven myself to school or the dr. I love my mommy! My vt stopped by to visit and make sure everything was going well, I told my teacher I would not be at school on Thursday as I felt it would be too soon to drive on my own but hoped I would be good by Monday. He gave me my home work and told me I shouldn't miss to much. I also have great class mates who will lend me their notes to copy. I was much better this day and able to do a lot, but still tire easily and don't quite feel right. Brynlee went shopping with Yaya while I was in school and got new pants. It was a good day.

Wednesday- Today I still feel very off but also very functional, I was able to get out of bed this morning before my mom, start laundry, load the dishwasher, and fix Brynlee and I breakfast before needing to sit down for a few mins. I am definitely on the mend thank goodness, and more than likely will not need a blood transfusion at this point. I still don't trust myself to drive so do not plan to go to school tomorrow though my teacher already knows and I already have the home work. It doesn't seem I'll be missing too much thank goodness! So I'll spend the next few days keeping on top of Brynlee and the house and relaxing as much as possible so I will be well enough to hopefully drive by Monday. Now the only thing I have to figure out is 1 how to say thank you to my mommy, she is leaving today and 2 how to refill our savings account since it was depleted by all the little things we had to purchase to get me to this point. Thank you all for everything you have done to help me and my family through this interesting time. We couldn't have made it through with out yours and the Lord's help.

1 comments:

Gerri said...

So glad to hear you are doing better and are on the mend! What a scary thing for you and your family to go through. Sounds like you have a great ward, friends, and family to take care of you! Take it easy and hopr you keep feeling better!