Okay so Sunday I was bad and ditched church to be in the Christmas de Caballos parade in Corrales, NM. Leslie had asked me weeks ago if I wanted to join her in the parade. I had ridden in it last year with my friend Lauren but that was totally spur of the moment, this year I would be prepared! James, Brynlee, Cowgirl, and I all loaded up Sunday around 11 am and headed out. We found Leslie, her husband James and our horses around 11:45. I quickly set to work making Dallas parade ready.
He looked so good! A bow and ribbons on his tail, reindeer antlers and bells on his bridle, red and green co-ban on his legs, and even a stocking full of candy to toss to the kids! After we were all ready my James took Cowgirl and Brynlee to the parades end to wait.at 1300 the parade left it's start and off we went. The parade is ALL horses and wagons and riders. James rode Sindbad....
Leslie rode Appy, and we had a great ride!!!
At the end of the route I spotted my family watching all the horses go by!
At the end of the parade the folks in charge tried to get everyone lined up for pictures we suck around for a short time but as soon as we realized it was going to take a very long time,
we took our own pictures and headed down the canal and back to the trailers.We rode at a nice easy lope nearly the whole way back. The horses where sweaty and tired
and everyone was waiting for us.
At the end of everything it was a great day and a fun time! After a few more pictures we unsaddled, undercoated, brushed out, and let the horses roll before loading them in the trailer. James and I loaded up our family to head home and get ready for Pop's birthday party while Leslie and her husband took the horses for water at a near by friends house then back to Edgewood.
The party that night with family was also a lot of fun! Pop turned 70!




0 comments:
Post a Comment