It was a bit of a scramble to get ready for Halloween after our trip but we did it thanks to some awesome people! Sunday before we came home my dad let James go through Hayden's armor he said we could borrow. James picked out a few items and we brought them home with us. Monday night a friend in our ward gave us their old Cinderella costume for Brynlee. I also talked with our friend Jasmine and she said she had a cloak for each Brynlee and James and an outfit I could wear too!
Wednesday afternoon we went to Jasmine's mother's house and carved pumpkins!
AS you can see we had lots of fun!
The front one there is Mikayla's pumpkin, she picked the design and I did most of the carving.
after pumpkins Brynlee and I headed home to get ready for trick-or-treating. James got home and got ready too. After a few very rude trick-or-treaters we where all ready and ran out the door and headed to Bop's but Brynlee fell asleep before we ever got there!!!!
We woke her up and she headed inside to load up on candy,
Show off her and Daddy's costumes,
and waited rather impatiently to go hit some houses!
Princess Brynlee, her knight Sir James, and her lady in waiting....
Then it was off to Memaw's for more candy and more showing off.
After seeing Memaw we met up with Jasmine and Mikayla and went trick-or-treating in that neighborhood.
We went to one house that really got into Halloween. Mom was little red riding hood, dad was the big bad wolf, and the son was the huntsman. As we came up the walk the son yelled out that we had a little one so Dad hid. As Brynlee went to get candy the dad started to bark like a friendly dog and this got Brynlee's attention. As we walked away she kept looking back and I think I told her it sounded like a puppy barking when she asked what that noise was. the dad emerged from the curtain as we walked away and Brynlee started waving and saying "Hi puppy!" so we stopped. She continued in this friendly and slightly excited manner so the dad got a sucker and put it in the mouth of his mask. He slowly approached Brynlee and our little group. Brynlee was still completely happy and friendly but when the dad reached to his mouth and pulled out the sucker it made the mouth of his mask move, Brynlee shrieked and hide behind James. She refused to come out out and continued to talk about it the rest of the evening. I felt so bad for the man in the wolf costume, I was also very proud of Brynlee being so brave and friendly up until those teeth moved!
All in all it was a pretty good Halloween!




1 comments:
Sooo cute!! I love the costumes - oh my gosh!!! :)
Post a Comment