My original idea for the "nursery" was a theme of Classic Pooh/Tigger...okay mostly Tigger. I love classic Tigger he's so cute! Plus both James and I like classic Pooh as a baby themed room. With James possibly not being around for several months (7-9) I want to surround myself and the baby with as much of James as possible.That is where the Airborne theme comes in. James was part of an Airborne division and still is at heart. So any thing Airborne/paratrooper or Classic Pooh/Tigger. He is also an MP (Military Police) so I guess military, parachutes and Pooh...lol My best idea yet weather big or small was to try to find a way to put a Classic Tigger in a parachute (open or closed), pack, jump boots and helmet. I don't know how I would do it but I can just see a little Tigger (statue or stuffed animal) in boots, and helmet, and parachute pack. Any other ideas for surrounding ourselves with the love that James feels for us both would be greatly appreciated. We just got pictures taken of James and I together and I plan on putting them all over the house once we move. Yes we are planning on moving soon to a place where we are at least aloud to have the dog.
Now another Topic that I would like a little help with. If James does Deploy he will miss all those precious little moments. All those little firsts. Rolling over, sitting up those little mile markers. I am trying to think of ideas of how to Keep James involved in the life of his child from half way around the world. We do know that he'll have his computer but as for anything else... we don't know how often he'll be able to call or get on the net because he will be doing transport security duty. My best idea so far is to get a video camera that dose the DVDs so that I can send him the DVDs so he can watch them on his computer.... That being my best idea it is really my only idea other than e-mailing him photos and letters through snail mail and e-mail. Hopefully we will also get an occasional chance to play with web cams.... Which brings me to my next question... What is appropriate to ask for from a baby shower.... besides the obvious baby stuff is it okay to put a camcorder or web cam on the list for these reasons? or is that asking too much? Any ideas are welcomed and love, support, and prayers are always a help in lifting our spirits. Thanks For reading and I will update you all as I know more on both the baby and on James' possible deployment.





1 comments:
He Brittnee - I will talk to a couple of my friends who have husbands that have had to go to Iraq and Afghanistan to try and get some ideas. I'll let you know... Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen 'military' type Tiger stuff before. Maybe you can search for it on the internet.
Post a Comment