Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independance Day!

I am so proud of this country and the men and women who serve it! I have no desire to ever live in any other country and leave this great nation and it's wonderful freedoms that we fought and died for and still fight for today!
Rodney Atkins
It's America
Drivin' down the street today
I saw a sign for lemonade
They were the cutest kids I'd ever seen in this front yard
As they handed me my glass,
smilin' thinkin' to myself
Man, what a picture-perfect postcard
this would make of America
It's a high school prom,
it's a Springsteen song,
it's a ride in a Chevrolet
it's a man on the moon
and fireflies in June and kids sellin' lemonade
it's cities and farms, it's open arms, one nation under God
it's America
Later on when I got home,
I flipped the TV on
I saw a little town that some big twister tore apart
And people came from miles around just to help their neighbors out
And I was thinkin' to myself
I'm so glad that I live in America
It's a high school prom,
it's a Springsteen song,
it's a ride in a Chevrolet
it's a man on the moon and fireflies in June and kids sellin' lemonade
it's cities and farms, it's open arms, one nation under God
it's America!
Now we might not always get it all right
there's no place else I'd rather build my life'
Cause it's a kid with a chance, it's a rock 'n roll band it's a farmer cuttin' hay
it's a big flag flyin' in a summer wind Over a fallen hero's grave
It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song it's a welcome home parade,
yeah it's a man on the moon and fireflies in June and kids sellin' lemonade
it's cities and farms, it's open arms, one nation under God
it's America!
it's America!
Oh, oh yeah, woo!
This song just says it all!!! Happy Birthday America! Thank you to all the men and women who serve this great nation today and who have through out it's history! A special thanks to those who have given all so that we could remain free. There are never the right words to say when a Hero lays down his life for his/her country. Thank You.

0 comments: