Monday, July 13, 2009

Safe and Sound

James called me this evening to let me know that he had reached Kuwait safe and sound. I am so proud of James for what he does. He fights for his country and supports his family both financially and emotionally from any where in the world.

My special experiences since James left yesterday morning: Yesterday James called to talk to me before he flew out. When I put him on speaker so he could talk to cowgirl I went over to Brynlee and as soon as she heard his voice she smiled. She followed the phone with her eyes and heard and every time he talked she would smile again. It was so special.

Next, Yesterday as the worry from not hearing from James set in (he had told me he would call me from Maine and he didn't, I found out to day that they didn't even go to Maine and that's why he didn't call) I loaded up Brynlee and my things and got into the car half tempted to cry. I turned on the car and "American Soldier" had just come on the radio. Suddenly hearing the words of that song I felt a sense of comfort, I heard the words in my head "He's safe, Remember he's doing his job... I am proud of him" that one moment got me through till today when I got the package he sent. It was mostly filled with things he couldn't fit in his bag like civilian clothes and such. but it also contained my birthday card and some stickers for me.

Lastly, last night the kids must have known something was up. Cowgirl usually sleeps at the foot of the bed and only for a few hours then she will go in the living room. Brynlee has been doing so good sleeping at night and usually in her own bed. Last night Cowgirl slept next to me up by the pillows ALL NIGHT, and when Brynlee woke up in the middle of the night to eat she refused to go back to sleep unless she was laying in bed cuddled up to me, and believe me I tried to get her to go back to sleep in her own bed. So I was squished between cowgirl and Brynlee for most of the night. I didn't mind too much though I think we all needed to cuddle last night... for mommy's sake.

I love James so much and I am so proud of him and what he dose even if his job sometimes requires him to be away for a long time. I know some one is watching out for our little family. We wouldn't make it through this without Him.

0 comments: