Sunday, March 6, 2011

Recognizing Eeyore

Back story: For Christmas I got a pair of pajamas that have an Eeyore on the shirt and the bottoms have Eeyore all over them. A few weeks ago I was wearing these pajamas and Brynlee pointed to the Eeyore on the shirt and asked "What's that?" I told her "That's Eeyore" she tried to say Eeyore then went on her way.

The story: This morning I am wearing the bottoms but not the top. Brynlee lifted the computer off my lap this morning and was saying over and over again what I thought was "eeewwww" But then she pointed to one of the Eeyore's on my pants and said it again! She recognized Eeyore!!!!!! I called my mom to tell her and she said now you have to show her her Eeyore stuffed animals so she recognizes them as Eeyore too. So after I got off the phone and grabbed the more modern one I asked her "Who is this?" and she said "Eeyore!" then I grabbed her "classic Eeyore" It looks different from the others. I asked her again "Who is this?" She looked at it then looked at me and said "What's that?" I asked her again and got the same answer. So I told her that it was Eeyore and she looked at me funny like "That's not Eeyore he doesn't look the same!" then she repeated "Eeyore" and walked away.

This is the first time I have seen her really recognize a character. Of course she knows the difference between a Ba"nana" and a "Ball" (apple) but this is different. The fact that she can recognize the difference between the 2 stuffed animals is so awesome, I love watching her grow and learn but she is getting so big!!!

Not that anyone else cares but some day I will turn my blogs into books and want to have Cowgirl be a part of them. Friday Cowgirl went to the vet. She now weighs 40.2 lbs! She turns 3 in May and the poor thing is terrified of the vet. We walked in and she was doing fine, but the longer I stood there getting her records up dated the more anxious she got, and the more Brynlee got into things. After the records where up dated and she was weighed and I cleaned up after Brynlee we went into an exam room. There Cowgirl went from anxious to scared. The vet tech came in and tried to give her a "lean treat" that she would not take even when it was slid across the floor to her. When the vet came in she growled and hid behind me and would not come out so they handed me a muzzle to put on her. When it came time to get her on the table I handed her leash to the vet tech, Brynlee was sitting on a chair. The tech started to pull the leash to get close enough to pick her up and Cowgirl fought hard to get away so I grabbed her and put her on the table my self. I stood next to her and scratched her ears and sides as she shook, she was so scared. Even Brynlee pet her head and gave her hugs and kisses to try to help calm her. She got her exam and her shots and we where done.

Ya know it amazes me that I can go to a Dr for myself or my daughter and we wait 30+ mins in the waiting room then 20+ mins in the exam room all to see the Dr for 10 mins. To see a Dr as a human you have to block out 1-3 hours of your day. When I took Cowgirl to the Vet we where in and out in less than 30 mins. If a Vet can figure out how to get a patient in and out in 30 mins with only 2 exam rooms why can't my Dr get me in and out in 30 mins with 8+ exam rooms?

0 comments: