Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vent Session

Okay so I am pretty sure I am loosing my mind and so I am going to vent for a moment. This dose not mean things are not going well or that we are having problems it just means I am going crazy in the lightest sense of the word. Right now we live in an apartment complex and I feel like I am living in a sardine can. I love the complex, the management is great as is the maintenance, even the property is beautifully kept. But there are a few things that are starting to really bug me. 1. There is not enough parking and none of it is assigned. 2. As you can see in the picture below our back door opens right into the parking lot. I hate this because we are the only apartment that doest this, every other ground level apartment has at least a few feet of earth between their patio and the wall and/or parking lot. I love the size and layout of our apartment, bigger would be nice but this is doable, having no yard and a rambunctious 2 year old and a dog is not fun. 3. Our kitchen is very small and narrow as you can see in the picture below, I noticed and disliked this the day we moved in, note here that we never saw the apartment prior to us packing up everything and arriving at the new building. There are also no windows in here which makes it feel even smaller. Cleaning this space is always a test of endurance. the space is so small that it takes very little for it to get dirty. All it takes is the cooking of one meal for this area to get dirty enough that I dread having to clean it. 4. Living below someone is NOT fun. The people who lived upstairs when we moved in where tolerable. A single mother with 2 children. They got up and left in the morning sometime between James leaving and me getting up in the morning and I very rarely heard them in the morning. They never came home before 8 pm and you would here the kids running around and getting ready for bed for no more than an hour or so and then she would vacuum (the only odd thing she did, vacuum between 9-11 pm every night) then all was quiet. When they moved out we went a few months with no one above us and though our new upstairs neighbors are nice, a woman and her adult son, they are elephants that never sleep. I often here them up after midnight and often hear them throughout the day and neither knows how to walk without stomping or close a door without slamming it. On multi pule occasions they have even woken Brynlee after bed time or in the middle of her nap. I am so tiered of living underneath people, having no yard, and feeling completely trapped in my own home. I miss my old apartment it may have been smaller and I may have hated the floor heaters that couldn't heat the home all the way and you couldn't do much furniture moving because of them but I miss the openness, I miss the back yard, I miss having no one above me, and I miss my wonderful neighbors. Can I find the same type of place here that we can afford. Does it even exist? I do have 1 neighbor here who is wonderful, and I will miss her when we move but sadly the need for a yard and not to be under anyone out ways the need to stay.

0 comments: