Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A lot and Nothing

I feel like we have been crazy busy and we have but when I look to put it all into print it's not much lol any way here goes.


Wednesday last week I of course had work and I started to think out what needed to be done the rest of the month. Thursday After work I went straight to the church because I have a new calling! I am "The Bag Lady"! My ward has had a long standing service project where we make and fill bags to take to the children at the safe house. Some Ladies in the ward make the bags, others donate material and supplies and I am the one who coordinates getting all the supplies and bags together and then gets people to fill them. Thursday night was sort of my "training". We had our monthly RS gathering and part of it was a service project of filling the bags with all the goods we have collected recently. After the bags are filled I check them all for age appropriate content and to make sure each has everything on it's list. Then I take them down to the safe house thrift shop and they deliver the bags to the shelter. It's a great calling but relies very heavily on others to donate things, which makes it a bit tough.
Friday our friend Jasmine came for a visit and did Brynlee's hair
and painted her nails... both toes and finger nails.

Then she dragged us to Joann's with her. I found some red and blue ribbon to decorate the plane white lamp shade in my living room. It didn't come out as nice as I had hoped but I still like it.

above you can see the edge of the red and blue blanket I finished before we left for AZ. It is 3 yards of material and is longer than the couch is. It is perfect in my living room for a winter couch blanket, esp now that I have my red slip cover on the couch again.


Sat James spent the day fixing his jeep which has been acting up the last two weeks in the morning when it's been cold, but not once it warms up. He did get it fixed by the end of the day though.

Sunday morning we cleaned..... From the moment we got up at 7am until 10:45 we cleaned the kitchen, did dishes and laundry, swept and picked up, wiped counters and tables and by 10:45 when we had to get ready for church it felt like almost nothing had been done. We went to church and they sustained me in my calling but we where late so I didn't have to stand lol. James went home after sacrament meeting and when Brynlee and I got home.... Have I mentioned I have the MOST AMAZING HUBBY!?!?!?!.... James had taco soup finishing on the stove. So I ran up stairs and ran back down ready to down a bowl of delicious soup and run out the door when James stopped me and reminded me that choir practice was still and hour off not 30 mins like I thought. So I slowed down and we ate together and I went to practice. When I got home we where both exhausted but after getting Brynlee to bed we mustered our strength and finished cleaning the living room and went upstairs to hang up clothes before going to bed. During all this cleaning most of our furniture from the back yard was in our kitchen because the painters where supposed to be painting.

Monday morning it was so hard to get up! But we did and we brought everything from out back, back into the house. After work in the morning Brynlee and I went out to Corrales to my friend Lauren's house. My dad is bringing Dallas out this Sat and he is going to stay at Lauren's house I wanted to be sure I knew where to put him and his feed and everything else.

Tuesday I spent my day cleaning up and making dinner in the slow cooker since we where having the missionaries over for dinner. We had a good evening with them and after they left James realized he had left his kindle at work so He loaded up Brynlee, told me to go take a tub, and went down to work with Brynlee to get his book. It was so nice to relax just me in the house. I am hoping to go get a few bales of hay today or Friday with my brother, Johnny's truck before Dally arrives just enough to hold us over till I get back in town. I'll tell you all about that later... We have a lot more coming up starting Sat. I will try to take lots of pictures and update again soon but you know me without pictures it's hard for me to remember to post and taking all my pics with my phone and the process necessary to get those pics from phone to net to comp to blog is kind of getting tedious... I hope James and I can afford to get new cameras soon with the holidays on our doorstep!

0 comments: