Thursday, October 6, 2011

Balloon Fiesta

Okay so I Know I broke a few rules but Sunday could not have been a better day! This week we where planing to take Brynlee to the Balloon Fiesta on Friday but Saturday morning as we watched the news coverage they said that it was beautiful balloon weather and would be the same on Sunday but the rest of the week would be very blustery and possibly wet. So James and I decided that our best chance to see balloons this year would be to go on Sunday. The last 2 years we have gone later in the week and in the evening trying to see the spacial shapes glowdeo but it always gets winded or rained out. This year we wanted Brynlee to actually get to see the balloons close up especially since she had seen them in the sky the week before and on TV and was very excited about seeing more. So James and I got up at 3:15am on Sunday morning bundled up and loaded up and we took Brynlee to the Balloon Fiesta! We made it there for the Dawn Patrol....

It was really neat. After a short time the sun started to shine over the mountain and balloons on the ground where inflating and preparing for the mass ascension. This was also Austin's (My brother) Birthday so we took this photo and sent it to him saying happy birthday.Some how we managed to find a spot between the 2 giant balloons that take people on rides the above picture doesn't do justice to the site of seeing many balloons already up between two inflating envelopes. Brynlee had wanted to touch a balloon so James took her up to touch one then we snapped a quick picture.



We had so much fun picking out the special shapes and watching the mass ascension. it was so neat!Brynlee was in aw almost the whole time. She liked watching the "fire" burners and the balloons inflating and taking off. She only cried once when one of the balloons next to us fired off it's burner to keep it up and it started to come off the ground. I am not sure why this moment scared her because she was fine with the burners and everything before and after that moment but it was sweet.I think Brynlee's favorite balloons where the next two: what we called the "Bug"and what Brynlee called the "tiger"She got to eat a bag of tom thumb donuts and run around in the grass and watch all the balloons and even got to pet several horses from both the Search and Rescue team and the Sheriff's Office. She even got to meet a "Zebra" and was given a pin from him. We also bought her a dawn patrol pin.We took this picture for Austin as well as a video of the storm troopers that travel with him marching along the road.The picture of Spider pig was taken for all to enjoy because who doesn't love spider pig!?By the time the balloons had all gone and the crews had followed Brynlee was out! But not for long soon she was up and running again and had SO MUCH FUN! It was a perfect family outing.

Monday morning I figured out that I could download Conference to my ipod and listen to it while I cleaned house. this was perfect because it also meant that I could pause it when Brynlee needed my undivided attention and rewind if I missed something! So much better than trying to watch while Brynlee ran around the apartment!

0 comments: