Saturday, October 8, 2011

What An Amazing Weekend!

Okay so Friday took his first ever personal day from work since I have met him! He has had to take sick days because he was actually really sick, he has had to take days because the military has sent him places but this is the first time since I met him that I can recall him actually taking a day off just to have a family day off! It was an amazing day too! We woke up at about 4am and started getting dressed and ready, at about 5am Jenny showed up and I went upstairs to wake Brynlee and get her dressed. I told her we where going to the "special place" after about 2 seconds of sleepy through her face light up, she was WIDE awake and she said "Balloons!" and I told her that yes we where going to see the balloons she was so excited! I finished getting her dressed and she went down stairs to find aunt Jenny who she knew she was going to see but didn't know she was going to be there in the morning. After grabbing bananas and our hot chocolate/coffee (yes Brynlee got hot chocolate for the first time!... and called it coffee to be like daddy) we where off to the Balloon Fiesta! It was a little rainy and we weren't sure the balloons where going to inflate but eventually a few did inflate and tether and a while later where taken down. As you can see below Brynlee LOVED the balloons! She went running towards the bee and stopped a ways off and put her arms out like his because she wanted a hug! She kept saying "Bee, Hug!"



Then she ran away!

later that afternoon she spilled the sugar all over the table but was trying SO hard to clean it up! Later that night we had wanted to go to the balloon glow but it was raining a lot and James and I decided that they weren't going to do anything that night. Brynlee had not taken a nap this day despite our efforts and as we drove toward the fiesta grounds she fell asleep when she awoke we had stopped at....
We had decided while driving around that Brynlee would probably be upset if she woke up and we where not at the "Special Place" so we needed to go some where equally as fun for her so we chose ice cream, and didn't mention any thing about balloons again the rest of the night lol. Brynlee got her first taste of cold stone, a watermelon sorbet with sprinkles. she started to get upset and we couldn't figure out why after about 10 mins of trying to figure out what could be upsetting her she finally let us know that she wanted a high chair. After getting her one she started shoveling the ice cream down her thought! She then proceeded to get her very first really bad brain freeze! the space under her eyes and surrounding her cheeks went purple, her cheeks went bright red, her whole face started to droop, and she started to shiver and acted like she wanted to throw up. I was so worried and felt so bad! James ran to pay for a water while I grabbed it out of the fridge, she wouldn't drink it so I just held her. As we threw away out garbage she started to calm and we bundled her up to go home. She got made when she thought we where going to throw away her ice cream so we got a lid and she happily went to the car, after we where all buckled up and the car started the last affects of the brain freeze finally wore off! It was a bit traumatic but first thing Sat morning I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she said, after a min or so of thought, "Ice Cream!" which made us laugh.

Sat morning Cowgirl had her first encounter with a balloon. All week the wind has been carrying the balloons in a north west direction but this morning the wind carried the balloons south east and nearly right over our complex! Cowgirl would bark at them then run and hide she was terrified of those big flying things! Brynlee was excited and I though it was pretty neat myself!

Did I also mention that we woke up to snow on the mountain?!?!?! 'Cuz we did!
Today we went and saw Bop and got a few dishes that Mamaw was giving away, and put the hard top back on the jeep. We also turned on the heater last night and boy am I glad we did! James winterized the A/C at his parent's house and we hung out for a while before coming home to have pizza for lunch, a nap and a nice time sitting around the house enjoying each other's company. Tomorrow is the last day of the balloon fiesta and our only plans are to go to church and to be home as a family. Like I said.... What an Amazing Weekend!!!

0 comments: