Well Cowgirl is officially the alert dog. Sat morning just before 1:30am Cowgirl started barking and I couldn't get her to stop from up stairs, so I went down stairs and she stopped barking as soon as I came down but was eagerly looking towards the door. I peeked out the window and saw a man sitting inside the jeep. My first thought was "Get him out of the jeep" so I went to the door leaned out enough to see him through a bush and yelled "Get out of that jeep boy, before I shoot you!" He jumped out and quickly walked away. I waited a moment to see if he'd turn back, when he didn't I went back to the window. I looked out the window and saw him under the street lamp walking away. My heart was pounding! I ran up stairs and called the police and once I hung up with them I put a leash on cowgirl to go out and see if they had gotten anything out of the jeep. When I got out the door security was there looking at the jeep because when the guy jumped out he swung the door but it didn't close. So it had been left open while I was on the phone.
I explained to security what had happened and when they went near me or the jeep Cowgirl growled and barked. When the police showed up I put her in the car so she wouldn't bark at them and wouldn't wake Brynlee either. I told them the same thing I told security and gave the best description of the guy that I could. then we waited.... They had called in a forensic guy to take prints off the jeep since I had not had a chance to touch it yet and no one else had either. the guy finally showed and found a few partial prints. they where hopeful of finding a match even if I was not. After they left I was so tiered that I just went inside and went to sleep at almost 4 am. The next morning I went out and looked through the jeep to see if anything had been stolen. It didn't look like anything had been and even if he had gotten something it wouldn't have been worth much because James and I took anything of value out of the jeep except a few tools, before he left for his school. In the end I am pretty sure the guy didn't get anything but I intend to look out the window from now on if Cowgirl barks in the middle of the night. She is such a good dog, though I am sure her only thought was "NO ONE touches my Jeep without Daddy's permission!!!"
Last night was hard to get to sleep because of all this I kept having the urge to look out side and check on the cars even if mine was locked up and James' was now empty of even tools. It took me a while to fall asleep but I finally did and think tonight will go a little smoother.
Reading List 2024
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment