Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finally! My Paintings!!!

So a few months ago I commissioned my friend Karen, who I have known since elementary school, with 3 paintings. She claimed I was the first to ever actually pay her for her art work. This made me very happy because though she may be amateur most of her paintings are beautiful! The first is one of Karen's originals. I chose the background sunset colors and she painted it. This one hangs in Brynlee's room.


The second is a concept of my own but I can't draw so I asked Karen to paint it for me. It hangs on the wall in our room with George James' antelope and hopefully someday an antique rifle or shotgun.

The picture is a combination. I am sure most people have seen the picture of the cowboy kneeling by his horse in front of a cross, well this has the same concept though instead of a cross he kneels in front of a helmet boots and gun, to represent a fallen soldier. This photo stands for all the men and women who have come from small home towns and given all to protect our freedoms. A reminder for me everyday.
Then the last is our family portrait. Chris Paxman took the photograph and Karen turned it into this painting that hangs in my living room. I love it!


Our Family




P.S. All these picture where taken with my phone BUT I finally found my camera today and the battery is charging so YAY for finding my camera!

0 comments: