Thursday, August 25, 2011

Getting Good!

Well I have to say I am getting pretty good at making healthier (almost all food groups in a meal)meals around my house. For the past week Brynlee and I have had all the food groups in each day. Granted Breakfast has been a donut or pop tart with 1/2 a banana each, but lunch and dinner have included steamed broccoli and cauliflower, strawberries, cheese or milk, rolls, and some form of meat either hamburger or chicken! Here was last nights.... Cooking
Brynlee helped me by putting the steam basket in the pot and then the veggies in the pot too.




Last night was only hamburger helper and the steamed veggies but it used to be that I would only make the helper or the veggies, not both.




I am so proud of having a daughter who wants milk as often as she wants juice or koolaid, and who truly enjoys her veggies. More often than not her plate will be empty of veggies before anything else.




The hardest part is getting her to sit still and eat at meal time lol. We don't try too hard right now but sometimes she forgets that I made dinner at all and is VERY hungry the next morning....





0 comments: