Well looks like I'll be playing catch up again soon though there isn't too much to catch up on so maybe this will suffice (I'll have to look back at my calender to make sure lol)
Okay so after everything I caught up on James and I decided we could afford and deserved a date night! So we hired a baby sitter for Brynlee then went to Paradoux's for and Amazing dinner! After dinner we where going to go to the movies but when we got there we where either 15-30 mins late or 1-2 hours early for all the movies we where interested in seeing SO we decided to go to Hastings and buy a few movies then go home and cuddle on the couch while we watched one. It was a very nice night for the 2 of us.
While I was out in AZ James let me know that his Nanny was in the hospital and I won't go into the details but things weren't great. After I got home she seemed to be slowly declining in health and sadly she passed away yesterday afternoon. We are sad that she is gone but glad that she is in a better place.
This morning Brynlee and I got up early to take James to the airport so he could catch a flight to CA for another military school this time he will be gone a month. He also took his camera and found my camera charger but I can't seem to find my camera so there may or may not be pictures here the rest of the month. lol BUT anyway James has now safely made it to CA and should be settling in and starting his classes tomorrow. Brynlee and I both miss him and Brynlee has asked about him coming home a lot more than usual today but so far both of us are doing well and as the day has gone my feelings of anxiety and dread have eased. This is the longest he has had to be away since returning from Iraq.
Today we had Brynlee's cousins Katie and Conner over for a few hours. First we watched "The Ugly Dachshund" then we went swimming. This was particularly exciting because when I took Brynlee swimming 6 days ago she had to be held the whole time but didn't really want to be, but that day we acquired a pool noodle which helped keep her up right if she didn't roll. Then 2 Days ago James' cousin Jackie came over and we went swimming and though she did better she still rolled over a lot and drank a lot of water. Today was excellent though! We took the noodle but Brynlee refused to use it about 70% of the time and she didn't want to be held onto either and it turns out she doesn't need to be. As of today she was able to stay up right in the pool and keep her feet below her with her life vest on. She loved jumping in the pool on her own and would count "Three! Four! Eight!" and after some hesitation jump in the water then kick herself to the steps. Just before we left she went down to the deep end and lowered herself into the pool at the ladder then swam all by herself, aided by only her life vest, the distance of the short side of the pool to the ladder on the other side. During all this swimming and jumping I was always close enough to grab her if she needed help but she very rarely did. It just amazed me how much of a difference there was in just 2 days and it makes me want to take her a few times a week until James get home so she can show Daddy how good a swimmer she is! After swimming we came back to the house and ate lunch while watching "Hercules" then the kids went home. After nap it was groceries shopping then dinner a shower by Brynlee's request and now we are just waiting for bed time to roll around.
Well that's about all for now but there is a lot happening this weekend so keep an eye out for more coming!
OH! I almost forgot!!! We have been potty training since we got back from AZ. Brynlee no longer poos in her undies, only in the potty!!!!! We are just having trouble convincing her that she must pee in the potty and not her undies. She gets it and tells us about 65% of the time sometimes she doesn't make it and that's fine but sometimes she doesn't even seem to notice till I ask her "Brynlee did you have an accident?" So lol We are getting close but still not quite there!
Reading List 2024
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment