Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fresh Hatch Green Chili

Monday Brynlee and I went groceries shopping


Within our budget for food we got everything we needed for food AND got $20 out so we can go to the zoo on Sat AND bought a bushel of Hatch Green Chilies and had them roasted and ALL $10 under my grocery budget!!!!

Brynlee Visited and found new friends while we waited in line to have out Chilies roasted
Once home we let them steam themselves and cool a little in the bag before...




I bagged them! I had never done this before and when I asked advice there seemed a lot of ways to do it. Some said let them steam in the bag then peal them and cut the stem off before you bag it. Other said just take it home and freeze it. So I took them home and let them steam in the bag for a few hours and then bagged them and the extra juices.


It went very quickly and smoothly until Brynlee got up from her nap and wanted to help lol.


But we got through it and now we have a freezer full of roasted Green chili and I love it. James has wanted to do this the last 4-5 years but it has never been in our budget.



After bagging it and putting 3/4 in our freezer we took 1/4 to our friend Dukey and let Brynlee play with the dogs for a little while. She was a very happy girl!

0 comments: