Monday, November 21, 2011

Sunday Ride

Sunday morning my friend who boards my horse for me asked if I wanted to go riding. I had been planning to attend church and choir practice that day so I had a hard decision to make. in the end I chose to go riding. Up to that point I had only ridden Dallas once since he got here and that one I had Brynlee in front of me in the saddle the whole time so the most we did was trot. I decided that all 4 of us could use a good work out so I went riding. I got out there at about 0930/0945 and we where riding by 10/1015. We rode the ditches and canals and then the river then started back. on our way back a lady in a car asked if we where riding in the parade. We had no idea what she was talking about but there was an all horse parade happening that day with Santa in it. So we rode and about noon we got back to the house but kept going to go see when this parade was all about. We decided to go a head and ride in it but to turn out early if the horses seemed to be getting tiered, we had already been riding for 2 hours at that point. The parade started at 1 and I called James to bring Brynlee out but forgot that I had the car seat so they couldn't come. I was so mad at myself for not leaving it! But it was Lauren and Sarge's first parade so it was still fun.

There where 160+ horses and riders there.


Including the mounted police and the mounted search and rescue team. It was a lot of fun!

We got back to the house at about 1400 (2pm) and sat and chatted a while after putting the horses up. I got home about 3:30 and decided to make my amazing Teddy Bear, who had taken Brynlee 6 1/2 hours that day as well with a Brynlee monster, an awesome meal! I made Chicken Cordon Blue w/ fried seasoned potatoes. It was a very good meal and a very good day!!!

0 comments: