Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thursday was so nice, James didn't have work and got to be with us all day. That night we went to Memaw's house and had a wonderful dinner with James' side of the family and also had Bop open his birthday gifts because we had not had the chance to celebrate it yet. On his birthday Jp's family and our had gone to have dinner with him since Mamaw had to go out of town but it was not the "Official" party. He ended up getting 3 sets of 4 FL State Seminole's cups. It was pretty funny.
I have found lately that my body isn't letting me sleep past about 6:15am on days I don't have work because it is so used to getting up at that time when I do work so Friday when I couldn't make myself sleep any longer, I got up out of bed and went shopping! I know, I know... I never really do the Black Friday thing but I figured 6am I would miss the midnight crowd and also the late sleepers and if I ran into long lines and crowds I could just go back home. First I hit Target and it was so empty! I got everything I was looking for there including a fake Christmas tree that is pre-lit and 7.5 feet tall! Then I went to Wal-Mart and again it was very empty and I got most everything I was looking for. Then I went to my last stop the Hobby Lobby where all Christmas Decorations are 50% off and I got a nice tree skirt and a perfect tree topper for $30, when it would have been $60! Then I came home, we ate breakfast and decorated our home. Brynlee LOVED this part, but didn't like being told to be careful so often. We put our little tree up in the Kitchen,

My Nativity I got last year is up on the china cabinet,


The stockings are by the stairs, which are decorated. (This is why I need a new camera, these where taken with my phone...)


We took some time on Tuesday night to rearrange our living room so we would have a place to put our tree and we actually like this layout better and may keep it even after the holidays. This is also our new Christmas tree with it's new and old trimmings, I love it!

A few Sundays ago I volunteered to help with the advertising for the ward Christmas party and Friday night I got a call asking me to do a poster to put up on Sunday. I was given a poster board and a flyer that had been embellished by a board man in sacrament meeting so I took his idea turned it colorful and blew it up a bit! All this was done by hand though I admit the nativity was done by copying in a connect the dots sort of way but I am very proud of it. I would have done another but Brynlee got a hold of the other poster board lol!

Tomorrow is Sunday another family day, Monday is a normal work day, Tuesday James has his hernia surgery, and I have an eye exam. Please say a little prayer Tuesday morning that all goes well for James' surgery.

0 comments: