Monday, November 7, 2011

Another trip to AZ

Like I said in the last post Brynlee spent Sunday thought Wednesday at her Grandparent's house without us and had a great time! She went trunk-or-treating in her fairy costume and Papa got a picture of her checking out her loot on the floor after words. Monday night James and I went out to a pool hall with friends and shot some pool, ate, and had a good night out.
Tuesday we bought the newest Pirate's movie and watched it while sitting on the couch eating dinner then went and cuddled up in bed together. (I later found out that Tuesday James gave himself a hernia at work but I'll tell you more about this later!)
Wednesday I went out to AZ to Get Brynlee and watch the kids for a few days. The original plan was for me to go out Wednesday while my Mom, Dad, and Taylor went to Washington D.C. they would come back Monday afternoon and I would return to Abq on Tuesday. Well turned out Dad couldn't get the time off work so he stayed but still needed my help getting Quade off the bus in the afternoons. So I still needed to bbsit some. That night we had soup and grilled cheese.
Thursday Night we made pizza which is always a hit with Brynlee and the boys!
Friday night we had spaghetti and everyone but Quade, Brynlee and I went to the football game. Saturday morning we woke up to this!!!!!

There had been nothing the night before so this was a real surprise, at least to me! Brynlee thought this was awesome and when I got ready to go feed Jet she insisted on coming so she could play in the snow.

So did Cowgirl and Pepper!

After feeding the horse everyone (but me) ran in the snow towards home.

Because of this storm and knowing another would be coming some time between Sunday night and Monday morning Brynlee and I decided to leave for home Sunday after lunch instead of Monday after Quade went to school. That way we wouldn't get caught in a storm. We made it home okay. Cowgirl was still so tiered this morning she was curled up with her back toes up by her nose!

Now! James' Hernia: So I guess Tuesday James was pulling a very large 800+ lbs pallet around at work and when he reached the carpet he "suddenly realized it was a 860+ lbs pallet!" he thought that maybe he pulled a muscle or something and went right on working until Thursday when he picked up a 50 lbs box and felt the same type of pain he had felt the last time he had a hernia (back in 94-95). He continued to work and left about 10 mins early from work that day to go to the Dr. after an hour in the waiting room and 45 mins in an exam room they announced that he did have a hernia that he was not to lift more than 10 lbs and that they would call in 3-4 business days to schedule surgery. So he got Friday off work and today they are doing their best to find paper work and filing jobs for him in any of the hospital buildings around town that need him. Jobs they expect to take 2 weeks so far have taken him 2-3 hours. and they have to send him some where else to find other light work jobs. James expects to be out of work for up to 2 weeks after the surgery and I am sure there will be a low weight limit for a while afterword too so this will be an adventure.... now we wait to find out when he will have the needed surgery.

0 comments: