Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Thursday was James and My 3rd Anniversary, But we celebrated on Tuesday night. Tuesday evening James dropped Brynlee off with her Uncle Jp and Aunt Susan then he came to pick me up from work since he had dropped me off earlier so I wouldn't have my car. We went down town and ate at one of our favorite places!

After a wonderful and very filling dinner James bought me a rose from a man outside the restaurant selling them. it is so beautiful!

After dinner we decided that instead of going to watch a movie at the theater that we would go to Hastings and buy one. We eventually decided on the new transformers movie...

Then went to pick up Brynlee. We chatted for a while then went home and put Brynlee to bed. Then we went downstairs and watched the movie. It was such a perfect night but we stayed up way too late and I was exhausted and cranky the next day.
Thursday (our actual anniversary) I worked and it was more or less a normal day... Work get home make breakfast, pay bills, run errands, let James run errands while I try to Brynlee down for a nap, you know that sort of thing. Eventually I got Brynlee to sleep and started to write this post when James got home and surprised me with this!

James had gone to "help his dad" with something and when he came home and I asked him what his dad had needed help with he got down on one knee and opened the box. This was Nanny's ring. (His Father's Mother) It is so beautiful and while I love my $40 walmart ring and wedding band (that no longer fits) this ring is simply amazing and so special.
That night we got another surprise! Thursday night the plan was for me to get off work and go straight to the church where James would meet me and Brynlee and help me with my calling at the church that night, BUT I got a phone call from a woman in our ward while I was at work, informing me that she was at her employer's house and next door was a black Jeep that she had never seen before and it was a near match to ours. After talking for a min she said she would call APD and I would send James to the address to see if it was ours. I mentioned to him the differences she had mentioned, no hard top and dealer plates. As he rushed out the door he told me he had left his old dealer plates in his center console. I called the woman in the ward back and she was as sure as she could be that this was our jeep after hearing about the dealer plate. James went and waited for APD to show up and I sent his buddy Duke to watch with him. After work I went to go take care of my calling and waited on pins and needles for any news. Through out the night I was told that the cops showed up, checked the VIN number found it was a match to ours, and called in for a warrant without the people inside ever knowing about it. They came out and began to get in the Jeep when the police stopped them and arrested them, they called in detectives to finger print the jeep and right out reports. When all was said and done the man was arrested and also found wanted on several warrants in AZ while he was out on parole. Now though it is not in the same shape it was we have it back and it is running!

0 comments: