Well the morning of the 4th we woke up to this. It wasn't much but it was nice to look at for the short while it was on the ground.
Because it has been so cold lately I got a new hat and Brynlee sized gloves to give to Brynlee for Christmas but it was only 12* out one morning when we left for work so I got them out early. I then decided I needed to buy her a scarf. I mentioned this to James and he sarcastically told me to get him some yarn and some knitting needles and he would teach himself to knit in all his spare time sitting around the house! This simple comment reminded me that I had hat looms up stairs in our storage bins!!!
So I ran upstairs and pulled them out. James just looked at me funny but for the next 2 days in my spare time I used my baby sized hat loom and some yarn that was still with the looms to knit Brynlee a scarf!
I used a baby blue very soft yarn combined with a darker, heavier, Blue yarn and knitted a long tube. Then I tied off the "Closed" end of the hat so it would stay open, then tied little tassels on each end so Brynlee couldn't open it up and put her arms, legs, or head through it! I think it came out quite well and am thinking about doing more and some hats too to sell at a holiday boutique next year.
Here is Brynlee wearing her new scarf, new gloves, and new hat. Sadly the hat I bought doesn't fit her and we are still using one of daddy's hats to keep her warm but she really loves her gloves and scarf!
Wed the 7th we went out to take care of the horses. My friend who cares for Dallas had been really busy lately and asked me to feed but also let me know that in the morning and evening when she was home to clean and water everything was frozen so James and I took Brynlee on a drive so she could take a nap and went to clean up after the horses and water while it was warm enough to thaw things out a bit.
This is Dally and Sarge. They where happy to have clean stalls and get treats, lovings, and full water buckets but not so happy they didn't get fed while we where there. (I came back later in the day to do that.)

Reading List 2024
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment