Friday, June 15, 2012

Fixing Nightmares

Brynlee hasn't been sleeping well lately so we have been trying a few different things. First She has been having night mares almost constantly for the last few months, secound she has been doing anything and everything to avoid going to bed at night, third she gets up WAY too early!
Well I finally connected problem one with problem 2... She was always scaring herself silly before she fell asleep at night just so she could get Daddy's attention and stay up later. She would yell about Tigers in the bathroom and Monkeys in the closet (hey that sound like a book! Maybe I'll write one!) and Daddy would run upstairs every time with the dog and cuddle with her and visit with her and lay in bed with her a dozen times a night then she would be up and down all night with night mares... SOLUTION: James and I started putting her down and telling her to think about and dream about happy things. The list started with Chasing butterflies, Puppies liking her nose, and petting Kitties. Each night she adds something new.. so far she has added Fish swimming, bunnies with wiggly noses, and riding horses. She has gone relatively nightmare-less for the past 4 nights!

Hopeful solution to problem 3....
New Curtains
 Okay so technically they are not new, I sent a set of these to James while he was in Iraq while the other set hid my washer and dryer. then we moved to Abq where these curtains weren't needed. Yesterday at the pool I was telling my friend Catlin about the problems we had been having and about our solution to 1 & 2. She suggested covering Brynlee's window to make her room darker and I had thought about this last summer but her window is so stinking long that I never figured out the how! But as I lay in my room reading with Brynlee I remembered the old blue and red curtains and went and grabbed them. After realizing that all 4 would mostly cover her window Brynlee and I went to Hobby Lobby to find some dowels. Rather than dowels I found these 2 really cute drapery rods that cost only a dollar more than the plain dowels!
 I also found some pink cord that matched the rod ends to use as tie backs and some tie back hooks.
 With some little clips they do block out most of the light. We used them last night and with the good thoughts Brynlee only got up 3 times instead of her usual 5-12, BUT she was up at 7am so we'll see how well this works....
I must end by thanking my handy husband! I tried to put them up myself and ended up very flustered and accidentally stabbing my pinky with a screw driver. James came home and had them up and looking nice in no time! I Love my hubby!

0 comments: