Friday, June 8, 2012

Thank You Granny!

 Well here's a story for ya! Back in February when I was out at my mom's house Granny gave James and I a gift for Brynlee's birthday which was still 4 months away. We brought it home and hide it... and forgot it existed.... a few days before Brynlee's birthday I got an e-mail from my Granny letting me know that though the card had not been sent yet and would be late it was on it's way, and reminding me that some where around this house her gift could be found.
Well I searched... and searched, and searched. Every closet, every box, every place I could think of where I might have hidden the gift. I felt terrible that in 4 short months I had lost my daughter's birthday gift from her Great Granny. It took me till the Monday after her birthday to work up my courage after she had gone to bed to call Granny and ask, what had been in the package, so I could replace it. Granny informed me that it was a book, that folded open into a farm and had farm animals and fences and such. I immediately knew the book she was referring to because Brynlee had been playing with that book for about 2-2 1/2 months!!!!! APPARENTLY wherever I hid it it was not hidden well enough and she found it, opened it, and got rid of the evidence without me ever knowing a thing other than that I had never seen it before! She had even told James that she had gotten it from her cousin Katie!!!!

 While I was happy to finally know that I had not in fact LOST the gift it, was not very comforting to know that my daughter knows, not only how to get into things and hide the evidence but also how to lie!
Anyway now that the gift mystery has been solved all is back to normal. The card arrived Monday with $10 in it and instructions to buy her a gift with it so Tuesday we too took her to Toys R Us and let her run around the store. She found a lot of things that she wanted but finally settled on a stroller for her doll.
While James helped Brynlee check out I took a few minutes to find a few gifts from James and I. She was given a Sid the Science Kid movie, The movie Muppet Treasure Island along with a Muppet movie poster, and a new pool noodle since her old one was given to us and broken and has a few bites taken out of it. It wasn't much but it made me feel like a better Mommy.

0 comments: