Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Plants and Animals

My beautiful petunias are taking a beating. Not only is this summer very hot but these little buggers have been eating my blossoms.
 I was going to let them stay even with the damage they caused but after some research I found that they don't even become pretty butterflies, just ugly moths, and that my flowers will stop producing blossoms  if these little guys are hanging around. So I picked off 5 caterpillars and 1 baby grasshopper from one plant. My other plant was also being eaten but I still can't find anything to pick off it and make it better. my 3rd and final plant was doing good but just a day or 2 ago the invisible guys ate that one too! Two of my 3 plants no longer produce buds but I still can't find any more critters to pick off. So I'll just have to keep watering till they die and start over with strawberries or something next year.
 Brynlee is getting VERY GOOD at taking pictures these last 3 pictures where all taken by her!!!


0 comments: