Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yesterday....

Yesterday was a very busy day!
James and I woke up around 6:30-7, got up, got ready for his yellow ribbon ceremony, and headed to Rio Rancho around 8 am. The boys all had formation for 30-45 mins before the ceremony stated. At this time I went and saved seats for the family. Just before the ceremony started the boys where released to sit with their families. Sue and Pop showed up just after formation, and Jp, Conner, and Katie showed up shortly after them. We all sat together through the ceremony.
This is while the 720th and 115th where in formation before the ceremony.
During one of the speeches they had all the soldiers that where deploying stand and be recognized. Shortly after they had the veterans in the audience stand with them to also be recognized.
When they had the soldiers stand I couldn't help but notice this cute little boy hugging his father and laying his head on his shoulder directly in front of us. I had to take a picture. (he lifted his head just as I took the picture)

After the ceremony was over we all headed out side where there was a little more space. We took a few quick pictures before Jp had to return the kids to school.

This is Katie saying good bye to her uncle James. Conner got a big hug too.
Jp also got a big hug and said good bye to his brother.
This picture had to be taken as well. On the back row James, Jp, and Pop. All war veterans.
On the second row James' nephew Conner and niece Katie. They will miss him very much I'm sure.
And of course, James and his mom Sue. This was one I insisted on getting. I know James and I are always on her mind and that she cares very much for both of us. We love her and know this won't be easy on her either.
After the yellow ribbon ceremony James had a quick formation again and after a long hug and a few kisses good bye Sue, Pop, and I left town. Sue drove me to Gallup, NM with Pop following in my car. Id Gallup we met up with my Dad and I followed him back to Lakeside just to be safe. I had a Great time spending time with my in-laws and James. I am so glad I got to go. Things are still slightly up in the air with James' dental work but it looks like they should be able to get it all done in time for him to go with his unit to Iraq. We also found out that James may get a Pass (time off) in GA at the end of his training there so the though is in the back of our minds of me possibly travailing to GA at the end of his training for a few days. To get to see him one last time. Though he should still get a few days(/weeks?) leave after Brynlee arrives to come home and meet and spend a little time with his daughter.
After I got back to Lakeside my mom and I went to Taylor's band concert. Doesn't she look so thrilled to be there?
After the concert we met up with my brother and dad at my new apartment and we used their big mus-cles to move almost everything from my parents house to the new apartment. We did this till about 10:30 pm. After moving everything in (not putting it away, just getting it all in) we grabbed dinner went back to the house and I went to bed!
And that was my day yesterday......


0 comments: