Monday, July 2, 2012

Awesome Day!

Today was so awesome! First thing when we woke up Brynlee and I made to batches of home made granola bars!

 The first batch was made to the recipe minus wheat germ because it is hard to find. I did them on a cookie sheet so they where a little thin and got a little burnt around the edges. Then we made the secound batch leaving out the wheat germ, cinnamon, and raisins. I added mini chocolate chips. This batch I did in the appropriate pan BUT ran out of honey so added less than 1/4 a cup and they came out really nicely but pretty crumbly and crisp. We will have to try again because when we got done we went to Catlin's house and watched her do it (which is where I got the idea) and hers came out awesome! So yes we will have to try again when I get more honey.

Today was my first day back to school and it was SO AWESOME. A little slow, a little boring at times but what more can you expect from a first day of school?
I met some cool people, and my teacher is funny, it seems most of the faculty are very friendly and funny. Along with the curriculum for this first class we set up our school portals and went over a lot of basics. You can cover a surprising amount of material in 4 hours! A few things that made me pucker where 1. My final project is a video (made with my iPad) of me talking about some one successful. I would much rather give a power point than record myself, so that's a bit daunting. Second we found out the rough draft for our final report is due NEXT THURSDAY! I knew these classes would go quickly with there only being one a month but it really hit home when she told us that! At the end of next week I will already be done with 1/2 my first class! That's a little scary when I think about some of the harder classes coming my way in the near future! I am sure I can do it though and am very glad I chose the school I did. Having staff that actually care weather you pass or fail and that you know you can call when you need assistance is so awesome! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

0 comments: